Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What box are you using?

Comment

ZF six speed from a Chrysler Crossfire.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

ZF S6-37 I think it is.
        Be nice if it was an S6-45 but pretty sure it isn't.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I thought it was Getrag
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

It's all a bit confusing tbh. Mercedes and Chrysler people call it the NSG370.

Comment

R170 SLK has a Getrag, according to the interweb.
              People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Youíre right. I have no idea how I went down the ZF rabbit hole.
                Either way, this box wonít take forced induction on this motor and long term Iíll need a stronger option

Comment

Powerglide.

Comment

Getrags are weak, aren't they. Tremecs?

The S6-45 from a BMW 135i/235i/335i and ZF S6-53 out of a BMW diesel but these have a short input shaft and pilot bearing arrangement in the flywheel. A pita for adapting. If you go for one of the BMW based ZFs I have a dxf with the BMW bellhousing pattern or PMC motorport have some adapters for a merc 113

Comment

Originally posted by dsm2002 View Post
                      Getrags are weak, aren't they. Tremecs?

The S6-45 from a BMW 135i/235i/335i and ZF S6-53 out of a BMW diesel but these have a short input shaft and pilot bearing arrangement in the flywheel. A pita for adapting. If you go for one of the BMW based ZFs I have a dxf with the BMW bellhousing pattern or PMC motorport have some adapters for a merc 113
                      No kidding! Iíll take you up in that. The 53 is supposed to take 800nm so seems a good option.

Comment

pm sent or you can email me at my PF name at hotmail.com

Comment

Found this site for Mercedes manual transmissions:http://mbturbo.com/manual-transmissions/

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            The 53 is supposed to take 800nm so seems a good option.
                            S6-53 is 600Nm https://www.zf.com/products/en/cars/products_29322.html

Comment

Some progress.
                              Radiator bottom mount done. All the original stuff removed. Iím using the CLK radiator as itís the best fit of everything I had on hand, and itís a decent size and design. Onto the Cardboard Aided Design for the top mount and cover.

Also went with crackle paint on the rocker covers in keeping with the short to medium timeframe being a rat look theme because paint and panel isnít my thing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	E050F46D-EFB4-46F9-AF8D-1C2E77F58C45.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	6618405

Name:	409333B5-D040-4FFA-BBB8-05BBBF67DC7C.jpeg
Size:	2.20 MB
ID:	6618406

Name:	5E0AD6B6-FF5F-47CC-B792-C3E2517A7CD4.jpeg
Size:	3.70 MB
ID:	6618407

Iíll edit the post rather than a new post as progress is slow and inconsequential.

Iím not running air con or power steering so needed a way of running a shorter serpentine belt. The easiest option is to replace the smooth tensioner pulley with a grooved one. I tried one from the v6 version I have under the bench but the small diameter fouls on the tensioner. A scan of the dayco catalogue found a suitable replacement and thanks to Kebab and Automotive Superstore it was sent up pronto.
                              Fits perfectly and looks like everything lines up well! Iíll measure for the belt and see how I go getting the right one.

Name:	67856253-68F5-4728-BE51-B9790CBA6C32.jpeg
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	6618413

Name:	A155DA49-D04E-400D-8F66-A0A6E4792BAD.jpeg
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	6618414

Comment

And now with added belt. Had to trim a lug off the tensioner but other than that it all fits well.

Name:	E46256F2-2323-4834-8C12-562EFE187BA0.jpeg
Size:	642.1 KB
ID:	6618444

Comment

Working...
                                X