• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://youtu.be/TcGJJ-egB40

Comment

Double post

Comment

House move done.
        haven’t had time to sort the garage out to move the car home yet. I have managed to get the cluster back together with:
        - KPH speedo from a W114. A speedhut speedbox GPS and cable motor has been sorted to drive the speedo.
        - electric temp gauge from a VDO aftermarket old style gauge I
        dismantled. The Haltech will do all the monitoring but I wanted something on the dash.
        - removed the capillary oil gauge and replaced it with a big rally style LED oil pressure idiot light. The haltech again will do all the monitoring. I just feel better having something obvious on the dash.

Click image for larger version

Name:	177FD4DA-26C1-4659-9620-D345F0532F46.jpeg
Views:	625
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	7155281
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Oh and I started laying out the engine bay wiring inside the cabin.

Name:	72E4D904-96E2-4488-B233-756B005879EA.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	7155283

Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

2000s era aesthetic.

Comment

Have some family health issues going on which means I won’t get to work on it any time soon so I’m Hoping someone will take on the project before I start selling it off in parts.

id sell it complete with the Haltech and the Weistec supercharger for $8k PF special bargain price.

Comment

No. You can't.

Comment

so I still have this though it’s been stagnant while I Reno the house. But I have started doing things again.

I gave myself an uppercut and pulled out the ridiculous fuel system I had made as I decided to go with an in tank setup. Natrad Phillip welded in the retainer ring and did a nice job.

I have started on the KBS tank paint treatment as well.

Name:	4D47EDEE-D05B-482D-9352-BBF2A9E406D8.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	7296838
                  This is the old system I sold it for enough money to cover the new pump hanger etc

Name:	DD2DD0E6-C4CA-460B-B65A-A2EB36E26846.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	2.87 MB
ID:	7296835
                  Gave the grille a refurb. Came up nice.

Name:	79328868-F4C5-40FC-B7A1-DBD0C55AB6CC.jpeg
Views:	261
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	7296837
                  Retrimmed the horn pad. It was well stuffed and a bit of a test to see if I can DIY the vinyl before I tackle the dash.
                  the logo is red because the silver was falling off and I didn’t have any to repaint it properly. I don’t mind it, though I’ll probably replace it eventually.

Name:	9E31D730-1107-433B-A455-1104B2F57FC9.jpeg
Views:	260
Size:	2.44 MB
ID:	7296836

Comment

Nice. If I don't buy dad's old xj6 back from my cousin when he downsizes I might try to grab something like this.

A few places doing drop in surge tanks with attached feed pump these days. If I was starting again on the rx7 I would go that way, but under car is still ok. Really not a fan of in car surge/pump setups, even in boot. I was but surprised at some of the superlap car fuel setups that passed scrut, although that was a long time ago.

Comment

Aww yiss, welcome back old girl.

Comment

I’m using the KBS tank coating system.

before: (they gave it a pressure wash apparently but it is still chock full of shmutz. )

Name:	E725B309-85E8-4C87-8778-6BC6B7DECAE6.jpeg
Views:	174
Size:	4.43 MB
ID:	7297233

and after the cleaner and acid etch.
                        the paint goes in tomorrow. It’s so much better.

Name:	E2C03BE0-36F7-48E8-8728-BF98CEE66B9F.jpeg
Views:	168
Size:	3.00 MB
ID:	7297234

Comment

Messy stuff.
                          still, should be the end of the fuel tank scunge dramas.

Name:	54186FAA-B88E-40BA-8CBB-99F192503C8E.jpeg
Views:	125
Size:	3.57 MB
ID:	7297505

Comment

Working...
                          X