Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't wait to see this on the road (if it turns up)
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Iíd do a 6.3 from a C/E/S63, or a v12 from an S class, or any given M113. I like the idea of big cubes and I like the idea of period correct single cam v8 but Iíd need to be convinced it can make decent power by todayís standards and I donít think thatís the case.
      Most likely scenario is the 4.3 to start with and then save my pennies for a better option.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I know fuckall about Mercs.

But Wikipedia tells me the 280S had 140hp when it was new.

Wikipedia also tells me that the 4.3L M113 made 275hp.

So with a free exhaust it's probably going to make double what the original motor in the car made.

I think that outta be enough for a late 60's boat, no?
        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
        Originally posted by nutttr
        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

just need to find a supercharger and all the AMG stuff to make it an M155!

Comment

The motor is the easy part. Thereís an awful lot more that will need to be sorted out long before any wick could be turned up!
            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
              yep because complex dry sumped engines with less power than the M113 are the way to go
              god some bad news for you pal

Comment

So the only person that has a crossfire gearbox wants near $2k for it when they are $300 in the US.
                When the time comes Iíll see if I can get one sent over rather than buying locally lol

Comment

How heavy would they be?
                  Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                  Originally posted by nutttr
                  People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

40kg at a guess

Comment

There's a jeep/Chrysler wrecker at Hervey Bay that may have one. They're not particularly cheap but still often work out cheaper than importing one.

Jeeparts Recyclers.

Comment

When it rains it pours.
                        Ed, buy this now! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...53021471988319

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                          40kg at a guess
                          Would have to be a lot more than that surely? That's race gearbox weights.
                          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                            There's a jeep/Chrysler wrecker at Hervey Bay that may have one. They're not particularly cheap but still often work out cheaper than importing one.

Jeeparts Recyclers.
                            Is ďfuckĒ still featuring in old mates sentences as every fucking second fucking word?

Havenít had need to deal with them for years but knew his shit and back in the day also would get parts ex-USA (although not cheap).
                            ---
                            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Yep! They gave me $2k off a 6.1 hemi when I told them I was putting it in a Valiant. Was actually cheaper than importing from the US at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                When it rains it pours.
                                Ed, buy this now! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...53021471988319
                                Just messaged the guy and ask him to hold it until April for me

In all seriousness... that car is exactly what i want.... but same old story, mrs not working/bought a house/spent all my money on beer
                                #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Working...
                                X