Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossfire being wrecked https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/girr...08-/1163575624 looks like a manual in the pictures
    Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
    Originally posted by nutttr
    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Good find!!
      Iíll be getting that early next year I recon.
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

So itís arrived and packed away at my storage place. Now for the long wait until I get back from holidays.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

So I get home and after some searching for the key, I have a look over it. It has boot floor rust. They all have boot floor rust. Thatís how they are. Rest of the car though is completely rust free! Score. Even has the original radio wooden face plate. Anyone know what the fuck the thing on the door is??
          Glove box was full of old cassettes but no books sadly. Seems to like the same music over and over.
          I put a battery on and dunked the fuel hose in some fresh petrol, and after cleaning the points it fired first go!
          It runs nicely and even moves under its own power, though it seems the rear right hand brake caliber works, but none of the rest do lol

In the next week or so Iíll pull the carpet and give it a wash down and see what itís really like.

Click image for larger version

Name:	279FEC96-F659-4445-9849-77FDE67739E2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.93 MB
ID:	6612238Click image for larger version

Name:	7FC8D095-85F1-4CBB-A06D-45CDB92DCCD9.jpeg
Size:	4.47 MB
ID:	6612247Click image for larger version

Name:	C60EACC1-5120-4BE3-8AC0-3BAC0B944919.jpeg
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	6612246Click image for larger version

Name:	8D3EA1DB-6D7D-43A1-ABFF-65EF7E97ABD3.jpeg
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	6612245Click image for larger version

Name:	FFE831D8-1062-4654-B7C7-DDCFCFEA5765.jpeg
Size:	3.77 MB
ID:	6612244Click image for larger version

Name:	C8F654AC-4BE9-487D-B476-D691A9693506.jpeg
Size:	2.07 MB
ID:	6612243Click image for larger version

Name:	30F99D3B-99A6-4515-9AFB-6CF730FAEE6C.jpeg
Size:	3.16 MB
ID:	6612242Click image for larger version

Name:	6835ABF5-1441-4D43-8F5C-3AF9B45F5407.jpeg
Size:	1.66 MB
ID:	6612241Click image for larger version

Name:	D0092F35-6559-4651-AD25-CC504C0BA261.jpeg
Size:	4.05 MB
ID:	6612240Click image for larger version

Name:	F102955A-AB23-4FA4-8734-FA1BB43D5946.jpeg
Size:	3.54 MB
ID:	6612239Click image for larger version

Name:	5B22767A-7135-4BB2-BAE0-7FDB240D84B4.jpeg
Size:	2.80 MB
ID:	6612248

Comment

Sweet!

I'll take the Roy Orbison cassettes if you don't want them.

So a wash, vacuum and change the fluids, historic rego and cruise it?
            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
            Originally posted by nutttr
            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

All yours buddy. Iíll even throw in the soundtrack to Grease.
              Yeah for sure for the short to medium term anyway.

Comment

Great news, it does look really solid for an old merc
                Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Result! Let me know if you want a hand with anything (although Iím useless at anything beyond making cars shiny - sorry...)

Comment

Thanks Marco!
                    Iíll let you know. Might be a good excuse to have a few beers.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                      Sweet!

I'll take the Roy Orbison cassettes if you don't want them.
                      Hmmm...

purely for research purposes...

In next months Performance Homes and Gardens :

"Can playing Roy Orbison music stop dogs shitting on your lawn -

The results may surprise you'

Comment

Great to see it's a solid base. Love these things.
                        Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

I need to put a light down the fuel filler and see how rusty the tank is. lit match is the right tool, right?

Comment

Should clean the tank pretty well with that method....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                              I need to put a light down the fuel filler and see how rusty the tank is. lit match is the right tool, right?
                              Nah mate, doesn't work so well. Don't ask how I know.
                              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Itís less rusty than my slc...

Get one of those cheap endoscopes and jam it up the jacking points.

Make sure theyíre solid and welded to the body before lifting it with cars jack.

You donít want to hear the crunch.

Comment

Working...
                                X