Merc 280S

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I should replace the master cylinder too huh! Yes, that is the entire booster filled to the brim with brake fluid!! Thatís a new one to me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	F99B5EB8-4489-47DF-A7EA-79CAB916EA14.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	3.41 MB
ID:	6612382
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
      I can't remember if it's this model but i think it's the earlier cars, if you put them on a two post hoist sometimes the engine falls by itself
      This is correct. The rubber mounted engine crissmember was never intended to allow to hang with the weight of the motor on top.
      I made plates for mine that bolt in place and hold the mounts together when I lift it.

Comment

i guess they mentioned it in the owners manual somewhere?

up for a new brake booster too jim? when that happened to my 114 the brake fluid had eaten everything

Comment

Similar with my old rx7 brakes.

Comment

Yeah the booster was something I knew I had to do early on. Donít suppose you have one Russ?
            Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
              Crossfire being wrecked https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/girr...08-/1163575624 looks like a manual in the pictures
              Gearbox ordered!
              Comes with the dual mass flywheel and a new clutch apparently! Score.

Brake hoses replaced. I need to rebuild the calipers soon, and rebuild the carbs. Will probably get it mobile then leave it for a while.

Comment

Good stuff!
                Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                Originally posted by nutttr
                People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

I know it's not as awesome as an angry v8, but why not slot the Crossfire/AMG C32 motor into it too? I assume that given they're wrecking a crossfire it's worth $50...
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Mainly because I have a 4.3 m113 already that only owes me beer money.

Comment

Hmm didnt see the beers & spanners meet thing until now. Where have you got this thing stashed anyway? Storage place?
                      #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Ah, didn't realise you had the v8 in hand already!
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
                          Hmm didnt see the beers & spanners meet thing until now. Where have you got this thing stashed anyway? Storage place?
                          Iíll do another one soon.

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                          Ah, didn't realise you had the v8 in hand already!
                          Yeah have had it for a while now.

Comment

Good stuff! Keen to help out on this again. Reckon that interior would clean up beautifully...

Comment

that Kleemann supercharger looks cool (with it's patented integrated intercooler) but not 8000 euros worth of cool

keen to see the M113 with an eaton M112 supercharger on it

Comment

I'd be inclined to get a single mass flywheel rather than the DMF, unless the one they're sending is pretty much new.

Comment

Working...
                                X