X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DMFs are the devil.
    Originally posted by S
    I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
      Hmm didnt see the beers & spanners meet thing until now. Where have you got this thing stashed anyway? Storage place?
      . Yep, fyshwick!

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
      that Kleemann supercharger looks cool (with it's patented integrated intercooler) but not 8000 euros worth of cool

keen to see the M113 with an eaton M112 supercharger on it
      I was thinking Id need two of them on anything bigger than an ecomoo

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
      I'd be inclined to get a single mass flywheel rather than the DMF, unless the one they're sending is pretty much new.
      Ill just nip into Woolies after work and pick one up, shall I?
      Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
      my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

the M112 is on the jag 4.0 isn't it? i'm sure it'll be fine on the 4.3

Comment

that Kleemann supercharger looks cool (with it's patented integrated intercooler) but not 8000 euros worth of cool

keen to see the M113 with an eaton M112 supercharger on it
          Originally posted by Jim View Post
          I was thinking Id need two of them on anything bigger than an ecomoo
          Fuck the M-Series, TVS or Twinscrew or GTFO
          Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
          Originally posted by nutttr
          People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Worked fine on the 4.6l Mustangs...
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
              Fuck the M-Series, TVS or Twinscrew or GTFO

I agree. Got a spare one, moneybags?

Was mainly thinking m90 as they are so cheap and common. In reality Im better off saving up for an appropriately sized one.
              Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                I agree. Got a spare one, moneybags?
                I think Skompa has (had?) one for sale.
                Originally posted by Marlin
                Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Don't be gay. China turbo.
                  Originally posted by S
                  I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Haha
                    Turbos are awesome, but supercharger noises!

Comment

6/71 farken. The answer to all the 'which supercharger' questions.

Comment

I had a spare M112 and a TVS R1900 a few years back, OEM ones from JLR, they were sold to forum members when I needed some cash, I don't recall any build threads with them being used...

Treeve and Agent86 bought them, maybe ask if they are going to use them or not.
                        Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                        Originally posted by nutttr
                        People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

M112's are dirt cheap on Ebay...they rebuild very similarly to the M90 as they're the same rotor profile, just longer.

Actually the M90 will outperform the M112 when you lean on them hard, due to the case design...but the reality is unless you're shooting for the moon, the M112 is all around better for that displacement in daily driver service. M112 rotors are same diameter and shaft as M90, but about 45mm longer. The longer length and a somewhat compromised intake design mean that at high rotor RPMs, the intake porting doesn't have enough time-area to fully fill the cavity formed by the rotor and the case wall. (Roots blowers are ported like a 2-stroke, it's area of the port multiplied by the time the port is open) The M90, with it's shorter cavity length, can operate to higher RPM's and still not outrun the intake port, and thus it won't lay over at high rotor speeds. Eaton fixed this with the M122's larger rotor diameter and similar rotor length to the M112, but then the TVS series came around and made it all a moot point.

I'd still put an M112 or M122 on the thing myself-they're cheap, reliable as can be, and have a very large aftermarket to play with. In a daily or a hot streeter, they'd be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Xnke View Post
                            M112's are dirt cheap on Ebay...they rebuild very similarly to the M90 as they're the same rotor profile, just longer.

Actually the M90 will outperform the M112 when you lean on them hard, due to the case design...but the reality is unless you're shooting for the moon, the M112 is all around better for that displacement in daily driver service. M112 rotors are same diameter and shaft as M90, but about 45mm longer. The longer length and a somewhat compromised intake design mean that at high rotor RPMs, the intake porting doesn't have enough time-area to fully fill the cavity formed by the rotor and the case wall. (Roots blowers are ported like a 2-stroke, it's area of the port multiplied by the time the port is open) The M90, with it's shorter cavity length, can operate to higher RPM's and still not outrun the intake port, and thus it won't lay over at high rotor speeds. Eaton fixed this with the M122's larger rotor diameter and similar rotor length to the M112, but then the TVS series came around and made it all a moot point.

I'd still put an M112 or M122 on the thing myself-they're cheap, reliable as can be, and have a very large aftermarket to play with. In a daily or a hot streeter, they'd be just fine.
                            They also come in a bunch of inlet configurations so you can make it do what you want it to.
                            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Cough.
                              https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Ro...-/232632052103
                              Cough.

Comment

Can I be the boring voice of reason and suggest getting the motor and manwell gearbag in the hole and running just right before further contemplation/collection of such automotive shenanigans?*

*I say this because I'd probably not take this advice, buy a whole bunch of shit, change my mind, delay the build a year or two and needlessly spend twice as much.
                                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X