Toyota Cressida MX73 GL-i

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've redone the exhaust vent line, looks so much better than before but couldn't tuck it under the turbo intake.

I also rerouted the power steering lines, it now feeds from the pump, under the engine between the motor and the engine cross member then to the rack, then from the rack to the radiator then back to the reservoir. I used a bit of speedflow fire sleeve around the rack as it's near the exhaust manifold, but a lot further away from the dump pipe with how it was previously.

Re pinned the AEM CD-5 dash to suit the Haltech, nice little dash, my plan is to put it inside the stock dash with a couple of switches so cycle through the pages and hook up to light switch.

Niggling issue with the wiring that's preventing me from doing much more but still slowly progressing.

Comment

Looking good! I like that dash thing.
      Norbie!

Comment

Really good.

I gave up on doing the bump with ssr , I rewired it 3 times and repinned ecu plug, then gave up. 2 step and t brake works fine though

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by 50RTD
        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

There was stray voltage coming from the dpo without the switch on. Or then there was only 0.7v not enough to trigger ssr . We got the buttons working on the ecu and dash, just weird Shit with dpo

Thinking about it, I might need a cleaner power source for ssr

Comment

Not too sure if this will help at all,

The black wire (from trans brake button) and red wire (+12v switched ) are joined together to the left of the SSR.

Trans brake button is on the shifter and bump box moment switch (TCI part number 388400) is cable tied to the steering wheel for now.

Comment

Running a lot better now, I had 1 5v wire connected to a temperature pin of a coolant sensor and it threw everything out. The website had it wrong, found another diagram that was different, Re-pinned and it works correctly.

The coolant temp sits at high 80s at idle and stays there when the fans are on.

Dunno if that's normal or not, might get a bit hotter when the bonnet is closed.

So out of the wiring I had 2 stuff ups, that coolant temp and another pressure sensor - damn pull to seat connector too so that was annoying having to cut the wire and re-crimp a new terminal.

Comment

It happens dude. Good on you for sorting it out!!

Comment

Looks good, sounds good. I rate it!
                  Norbie!

Comment

Congrats. Looks mint!

Comment

Still no 20b :'(

Good work on sorting out but. Keen to see it go down the quarter
                      BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
                        Still no 20b :'(

Good work on sorting out but. Keen to see it go down the quarter
                        20b will go in an old school 2 door Cedric or Crown.

Comment

Even cooler!
                          BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
                            Not too sure if this will help at all,

The black wire (from trans brake button) and red wire (+12v switched ) are joined together to the left of the SSR.

Trans brake button is on the shifter and bump box moment switch (TCI part number 388400) is cable tied to the steering wheel for now.
                            Legend. I'm going to go over it again shortly. But big thanks. You didn't run the resistor on 4 though. Hmm

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                              Legend. I'm going to go over it again shortly. But big thanks. You didn't run the resistor on 4 though. Hmm

Nope, not needed when using DPO1 when it's output is set to 12v. Just use appropriately sized wiring.

Thank Dale and Haltech, both are very very helpful.

Comment

for sale yet?

lol

Comment

Working...
                                X