Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
    1360 sounds a bit optimistic, that's barely heavier than an MA61 which has 2 fewer doors and far less luxo-barginess? Weight bridge results would be interesting.
    Agreed! not too sure about the weight difference between the 5m-ge and 2j, or the stock auto and the th400. Will report back once it's done though.

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
    Is it your daily? How often do you think you'll be doing 110kph for extended periods? My bluebird is 1:1 top gear with a 3.7 diff. Its fine.
    It's just a weekender really so not that often. From memory the diff ratio in this is 4.1:1. I wanted to find one from a RA65 or RT142 as they are 3.58ish which would be a lot better.

Comment

I ran a 12.3 with 330 rwhp in a heavier MX83 1JZ cressida, so you should be in the 11's for sure.

Comment

I ran a 12.3 with 440 rwhp in a lighter MA61 Supra. I reckon the difference there would be the rear suspension setup. The semi trailing arm IRS in the MA61 and MX73 is woeful for getting off the line.

Of course it could just be that I suck at driving.
        Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
          Agreed! not too sure about the weight difference between the 5m-ge and 2j, or the stock auto and the th400. Will report back once it's done though.

It's just a weekender really so not that often. From memory the diff ratio in this is 4.1:1. I wanted to find one from a RA65 or RT142 as they are 3.58ish which would be a lot better.
          Autos and motors will be similar, add some weight for cooler and turbskies
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Sims metal weighbridge,

1460kgs without driver.

Last few pics;

Little video on the transbrake, no more after 2600 rpm.

Trans temp came down straight away with some light driving.

Comment

1460 is more like what I'd expect. Still makes for an excellent power to weight ratio!

Engine bay is looking mint.
              Norbie!

Comment

new for people wanting to go

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/bosc...r-2jz-gte-vvti
                CISCOKIDS
                The Gentlemen's Club
                Midnight Rocker

Comment

Who ate all the pies [emoji14]

That's 40kg heavier than my Vs Ute with Barra , t400, 9" , full air-con etc

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by 50RTD
                  Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

yeah, but my turbo is bigger ?

I really need to sort out that torque converter.

Comment

Ah, look at you guys arguing over who has the lightest tank haha

Comment

Just having a laugh, his ute kills it!

Comment

So, what’s next? Just cruise? Race?

Comment

New torque converter, cams, springs, re-tune, e85, see what breaks.

Went to a diff conversion place today so pending out come of costs, I *might* put the running gear into something else.

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
                              yeah, but my turbo is bigger ?

I really need to sort out that torque converter.
                              Bwahaha

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by 50RTD
                              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Put an order in for a Hughes Pro SSX 9.5" bolt together converter, it should really transform the car so excited to see how it goes with it in.

They're saying it should get me to the high 3,000 to 4,000 RPM range on the transbrake and will look at getting a dump valve kit that should give an extra 300-600rpm stall speed on the brake.

I want to swap everything out of the stock th400 case and put it inside my Reid case so will look at upgrading a couple of other parts inside the transmission while its apart.

This is also of interest to me, I found someone that's put a R200 diff in one that looks quite neat, will need to jig it all up before hand though which will take a heap of time. Pretty cool though

Comment

Working...
                                X