Toyota Cressida MX73 GL-i

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a R230? 3400lbs with a 4000 stall on a transbrake might be a bit much for a R200???
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Cough......9".......cough

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Bolt together converter arrived,

Can't wait to get this in.

Comment

Sweet.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
          Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

New converter seems to have made a huge difference. Have a vibration around 3,000rpm so will have to get the tail shaft checked again. Then off to Spry for a check and more boost. I bought a set of Kelford Cams, 272/278 degree. 9.95mm lift. So I will eventually get my spare cylinder head built up and ported to be installed and start looking a set of forged pistons and rods for the bottom end.

Seeing that the forum issues removed previous video,

Quick inside vid with an old gopro - was hoping the sound would have been a little better.

Comment

What decision on diff? Vibration looks very annoying.
              Originally posted by thebluerx7
              The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Wait for it to break, pull everything out , send the shell to sims metal and put it in something newer.

Comment

The upgrade must be a few dollars then.
                  Seems a shame to throw it in the bin.
                  BF XR6 Turbo - 2L Turbo TE - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

I've had the tail shaft checked over again, a bit of run out in it which was fixed and also re balanced.

I still have a super annoying vibration around the transmission area around 3,000rpm so I will pull the transmission and converter out and rev the motor without it attached to trouble shoot.

Very frustrating.

Also ordered a bunch of stuff to put a proper filter on it so I can have it mod plated.

Comment

So I ended up raised the rear of the transmission about 12mm which made the pinion angles much better. I did a bit of hunting around with google and people experiencing similar issues rectified it by unbolting the converter, turning it, and bolting it to a different bolt hole on the flexplate. So after doing all of that the vibration is pretty much gone, still a very slight one, but cruising around at 80km/h @ 3,000 rpm is so much better now.

Good thing about a wet road is that you don't really have to worry about breaking things,..

Comment

This makes all of the right noises.

Good that you got it sorted, pinion angles can be a nightmare to fix if you don't have room to move

Comment

That rear suspension setup, phwoooaarr!!

Comment

Re did the hot side so I will have a bit more room to fit a filter. I also removed the Moroso separator and will run the breather line directly from the exhaust cam over to the inlet of the turbo. I think it looks much better and frees up more space.

I might upgrade my tig welder, something with a higher frequency would be great.

Comment

Working...
                            X