X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

subbing

Comment

Wasnt expecting a complete turn of events! One minute rotary manual, nek minit 2J turbo fitted!

Nice, will be a bit easier to get it running etc now

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
        Much better

I'm getting a PP shifter too
        Nice.

ATI / M&M make a really nice one but it's damn expensive.

The optioned PPP shifter comes to $480 USD

Comment

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
          Wasnt expecting a complete turn of events! One minute rotary manual, nek minit 2J turbo fitted!

Nice, will be a bit easier to get it running etc now
          You're new here yeah /I?
          Originally posted by thebluerx7
          The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
            Nice.

ATI / M&M make a really nice one but it's damn expensive.

The optioned PPP shifter comes to $480 USD
            Yeah can't see that being worth the extra $
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Awwwmmaaannn. Was looking forward to 20b update
              BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Fancy Exhaust manifold studs! * Subscribed *
                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Little update, nothing too big just yet but still making progress with little fiddly bits.

I originally used an M6 nutsert on the bottom of the radiator support to hold a bracket for an intercooler. I wasn't quite happy with how strong it may or may not have been so ended up drilling them out and opted to use a bit of pipe protruding though the panel with some flat bar on the bottom, the tube was sorta countersunk to the flat bar too if that makes sense. Super strong now so happy with how it came out.

I also had the stock intake cleaned by a local guy and it came up great, it was really heavily oxidised before hand. I will take a pic of the throttle body later for a comparison. Loosely fitted the fuel rail and injectors. I bought a flange to suit a Bosch motorsport DBW throttle body but still waiting for the throttle body to arrive before I weld the flange to the intake. 82mm vs 70 something and it will look a lot cleaner.

Had to cut the upright bracket on the radiator support to fit the intercooler. I want to retain a/c so it was a tight fit. Fucking dropped the cooler trying to bolt it in, put a ding in it and bent some fins in the process. A good excuse to buy a new Pro Series Plazmaman as the one I dropped was just a generic 600 x 300 x 76mm one. A bit annoying but oh well.

I used a few cans of degreaser from Super Cheap Auto to give the front end a good cleaning. Came up pretty well I think.

Hopefully more parts will be arriving in the next few days so I can work on the fuel tank set up.

Comment

Parts for fuel system arrived.

After watching the MCM 240Z set up I had a look and measured up the stock tank for the Aeromotive Phantom series fuel system. It all should fit very nicely so bit the bullet and bought one for $950 delivered, not too bad. I was looking at ATL fuel cells and it would have been a bit of extra work and money fitting one in place. With this set up I can retain the stock fuel filler and fuel level sensor plus the added bonus of bolting it all back in. I wouldn't mind having the tank cleaned before putting it back in so looking for recommendations there (or using heaps of vinegar ?) - it isn't too bad inside but piece of mind would be good or even if it's needed at all assuming petrol / e85 would clean it anyway. There doesn't appear to be anything flaking off or floating around inside.

I am hoping I might be able to fit my walbro 460lt/hr pumps in, I assume the foam sock that goes around the pump is okay for e85...

Slowly progressing.

Comment

That front end cleaned up bloody nicely!
                      Originally posted by thebluerx7
                      The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Looking great. Also looking very familiar - I'm in the process of stripping and cleaning my MA61 front end at the moment. Mine was (and still is) way more filthy though, not to mention 15 years worth of bodginess I'm trying to eradicate. I'll be bloody thrilled if I can get it looking as good as yours.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Cool project. That intake manifold came up well. Was it hydroblasted?

Comment

Clean. Yes, Walbro 460 are e85 compatible. I run in my original vs ute tank, on 98 and it is mint. Only 320rwkw

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by 50RTD
                            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by fnlow View Post
                              Cool project. That intake manifold came up well. Was it hydroblasted?
                              I believe so.

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                              Clean. Yes, Walbro 460 are e85 compatible. I run in my original vs ute tank, on 98 and it is mint. Only 320rwkw

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                              I meant the foam type sock that came with the pump, wouldn't make much sense if they broke down in e85 seeing that the pumps are compatible.

Comment

My 460 sock has been fine in ethanol for over a year. Good to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X