X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect, thanks.

Comment

Fuel tank all cleaned and re-sprayed, I think it came up really well.

Pushed the foam baffle through the opening

Walbro pumps

All in, so much stuffing around, wouldn't fit how I wanted it to but the pumps sat nicely so it should be fine. Used 25 amp wiring to the fuel hat so should handle the pumps without melting. Bolted the stock vent, fuel sensor and filler back on.

Need to buy another fitting...

Also treating myself to a 3/8th Warren & Brown digital torque wrench for engine stuff.

Comment

Tank come up good, well done
        I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Did you fit 2 pumps in that foam sock thingy? I looked at buying these for the VL, I asked them and they said only 1 will fit

Comment

Originally posted by 350stato View Post
            Did you fit 2 pumps in that foam sock thingy? I looked at buying these for the VL, I asked them and they said only 1 will fit
            I wouldn't recommend it - I am not too happy with it. Maybe twin DW400 (46mm diameter) will fit a bit nicer. The opening is around 3 1/4" (82mm) - the base of the walbro are 50mm. I had to lower one in at a time, the bolt down the fuel hose to the pump.

Comment

I just made up a TT shaped area in my cell with some raceworks E85 safe foam
              I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Bought the o-ring speedflow fitting and finished the vent.

Flange welded to intake. Will go around the outside weld with some scotch-brite to blend it in.

Throttle body clears the rail

A lot nicer than the factory thing

Comment

nice, looking good
                  '84 Supra 7MGTE
                  '86 Supra 2JZGE track
                  '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
                  '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
                  Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

Ooh, shiny bits!

Can I ask why you went with a DBW throttle? I'm planning to replace my factory throttle body with something smaller/simpler but this didn't occur to me as an option. What are the pros/cons?
                    Norbie!

Comment

Pros;
                      - no need for idle air control valve
                      - remove ugly throttle cable from engine bay
                      - neater in engine bay
                      - can use BPP fuel rail on VVTi engine - stock TB fouled on rail

Cons;
                      - uses 4 AVI from Haltech which could be used for temp / pressure sensors elsewhere (but free's up 4 DPO which would be used on a stepper motor anyway)
                      - expense (throttle body, connectors, pedal assembly)

I looked at other non DBW throttle body assemblies and IMO they look like crap and weren't a lot cheaper than my set up. This is similar size to the Q45 that a lot of the Americans use. Bosch make a 74mm one which I think is same size as stock 2j.

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Makes perfect sense in that scenario. It looks great too.
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

I'm going Bosch DBW too but keeping it reversible. The 68mm is close to factory 65mm.... here's a CAD of my set-up (to be)

'84 Supra 7MGTE
                          '86 Supra 2JZGE track
                          '99 Supra GTX35 VVTi
                          '19 Supra B58 <3

PSN: RyleyMA61
                          Steam: FapPappy61

Comment

Originally posted by [RX3] View Post
                            Pros;
                            - no need for idle air control valve
                            Thanks for the info, I was wondering what to do about IACV so this could be a good solution. I also like the idea of making the engine bay a bit neater.
                            Norbie!

Comment

Never thought of this either, looks like a good option that i may consider for my JZ engine's

might just go this version though as i'm no good with a welder.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/inde...onversion.html

a quick question, what will do you in regards to pedal?
                              CISCOKIDS
                              The Gentlemen's Club
                              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post
                                might just go this version though as i'm no good with a welder.

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/inde...onversion.html
                                That looks like a nice plug-and-play solution, but $1500 + shipping? They're having a lend surely.
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X