Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by my limp penis View Post
    Very tasty. Are you just going to hoes clamp on to the Bosch DBW?
    I haven't yet made my mind up yet but thinking between the following,

https://www.gameonmotorsports.com.au...ose-od-97.5-99

Or the expensive option that would look a lot neater,

https://www.efisolutions.com.au/thro...2mm-to-wiggins

+

https://plazmaman.com/product/plazmaclamp-set-3-5-89mm/

Would need an aluminium reducer for that to work...

I just need to be careful if I go with the clamp as there isn't much depth before it will hit the motor assembly within the throttle body.

Comment

Fancy expensive clamps! No messing about here.
      Norbie!

Comment

I got a few things back from Competition Coatings at Archerfield. They came up great.

Mostly finished the other side now, I need to get a bead rolled on the end of the pipe for the intercooler - same on the other side too - and buy clamps...

I need to finish off the turbo oil drain line and vacuum lines for the boost solenoid then get the radiator in. I Will should have that done tomorrow.

Comment

Oooooh, looking good! God, I wish I could weld goodly
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Buy a TIG, watch lots of youtube videos and start practising

Comment

Are you planning to register this thing? Cutting holes in the inner guards will now get your car defected, which is why I'm paying to get mine welded up.
              Norbie!

Comment

Still registered.

Going to weld metal ring, like a vband flange around what was cut to strengthen it. That way pipe can still come through the hole and it will look neat.

Getting a defect for that will be the least of my worries.

Comment

Oh I'm not saying it's dodgy or anything, just that it's something easy to spot which a copper will almost certainly defect you for if they get a peek under the bonnet. Happened to a mate of mine a while back so it's definitely a thing.

Anyway you've already cut the holes so what's done is done. Just try not to let any coppers look under your bonnet.
                  Norbie!

Comment

Yeah it's a common defect.

Unfortunately there was no other way of doing the pipe work as I want to retain A/C. I have seen others mount the intercooler upside down and drilling through the front but that didn't work for me.

I was hoping to route through a different area but pipe is too big.

Will have to be mindful of where and when I drive it.

Comment

Yeah I haven't decided yet how I'm going to route my cooler piping. It does help that I've abandoned all hope of having working AC, so all that gear is out of the way. Somewhat acceptable for a stripped-out Supra, less so for a cruisy Cressida!
                      Norbie!

Comment

Cop woukd never pop the bonnet on this

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                        Originally posted by 50RTD
                        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Should have put the rotor in it.

Comment

I've seen others weld a section of tube to the hole in the sheet metal, bead the ends of it and then join cooler pipes to that. Got around the defect issue..

With my vvti 2J MX83 I followed the factory JZX81 cooler pipe route, but had to scallop the tie-rod brackets to get clearance for 2.75" tube and made a custom intercooler to suit

Comment

Originally posted by jasonp1977 View Post
                              I've seen others weld a section of tube to the hole in the sheet metal, bead the ends of it and then join cooler pipes to that. Got around the defect issue..

With my vvti 2J MX83 I followed the factory JZX81 cooler pipe route, but had to scallop the tie-rod brackets to get clearance for 2.75" tube and made a custom intercooler to suit
                              That's probably a better idea now that you mention it. I have some spare 4" ss tube that I might be able to weld in the circle and have the pipe coming though the middle of it.

I am using 3" cooler pipes so it limited a few options.

And stuff the rotary, would have been a pain mounting it and the coin I made selling it is paying for the things I need to finish this.

Comment

Showed mod plate guy my blueprints - he seemed happy with it.

Will use mild steel rather than stainless. Easier to mig weld...

Will re do pipe from intercooler to throttle body to bring the clamp up higher for easier access as it sits a little too low and nearly in the hole I've drilled.

Comment

Working...
                                X