1UZ Rodeo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1UZ Rodeo

Always wanted a beat up old ute, partly because they are handy and partly because I've always wanted one that's a bit quick-ish.
    Was on the lookout for a Hilux but they are few and far between and somewhat expensive for one that's alright.

Enter MCM and PF;

$1500, 6 months rego, body fairly tidy and interior good.
    Plan was to use till the rego ran out and fit a 1JZ/2JZ combination with a R150 but after some consideration about practicality's shelved that and bought a 1UZ.

Straight from gumtree, guy wanted $650 but then realised the MAF was fucked on it so he self haggled down to $550.
    Turned up to get it, poor cunt buys LS400's and parts them but his back is utterly fucked, dude could barely walk, he had a few things pulled off the motor (PS/alt/TPS) but in a box so he self knocked another $50 off which I gave back to him because he is going to lop the flanges off the stock exhaust and will go cut the 4th ECU plug off the body harness for me. Sweet. Got everything needed, even got a new radiator and the shroud tossed in. Motor is pretty fucking tidy, 180k on it-ish.

Looks like it will be a tight fit, nobody really puts them in Rodeos so unlike a Hilux, you kinda have to make everything.

Fun times ahead.

Hoping to fit it with the clutch fan and will be keeping AC
    Have a rear sump to go on but I suspect there will be some modifying required of either it or the cross member.
    Going to run a KSracing kit for my R150

I would stick to something like a Precision 6870
    I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Pretty sure I have the ecu pinout for that thing kicking around. 4 plug celsior / ls400.

Having done the whole manual 1uz thing I'd just stick with the auto personally. Save your cash for the turbo conversion

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by psi999 View Post
          Having done the whole manual 1uz thing I'd just stick with the auto personally. Save your cash for the turbo conversion
          I've been in a Hilux with one and it seemed pretty decent;
          Its $1500 for the kit and I've got a R150 here, if I didnt, would probably go auto.

Sump looks like its going to be a cunt, if I use a SC400 one looks like 3/4 of it will get boxed and I'll have to make up for it by making the small section in the rear deep and extend the pickup.
          Not a problem to do but not sure how it will effect oil drainage back into it etc

Comment

Actually, here's one JZK25 did, vvti but same same

Looks like the cross member starts 4 and a half holes from the rear, much less to notch if thats the case.

Comment

Nice one! Great to see the old ute getting another lease on life.
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

there was some guy casting alloy rear sumps not sure if he is still around...
                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

If you want to sell the rodeo engine and box, id be interested in owning them.

Comment

OKE020's Mazda truck has a dead stock 1uz, he runs a Garrett 35/40, think its a 1.01ish rear, it's almost on at idle and sings the whole rev range, makes 400rwhp from something stupid like 2800 or 3000rpm, it's an animal to drive with the power on as soon as you touch the throttle.

Comment

Originally posted by that_guy View Post
                      If you want to sell the rodeo engine and box, id be interested in owning them.
                      I'll let you know when its on the curb
                      Turbo in one of these would be a fucking effort and a half, few weeks work making the pipes to put it where the battery or air box would go.

Comment

No CHOPPED! Sticker is disappoint.
                        Sweet project, so making your own mounts etc.....?

Comment

Yeah making everything, there isn't a single thing available to buy so I wont feel bad about putting a built not bought sticker on it lol
                          Just gathering parts at the moment, KSracing are being difficult. They sell a kit to suit a R150 with an organic clutch kit but they wont re-list it nor will they reply to my questions asking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                            Yeah making everything, there isn't a single thing available to buy so I wont feel bad about putting a built not bought sticker on it lol
                            Just gathering parts at the moment, KSracing are being difficult. They sell a kit to suit a R150 with an organic clutch kit but they wont re-list it nor will they reply to my questions asking about it.
                            try NZAD
                            Originally posted by ALLMTR
                            the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Turbo will fit under the tray... just sayin...

Comment

Working...
                              X