No announcement yet.

OLD 124 - Back to basics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's going in to Exhaust Innovations within the next month to get some decent headers made based off engine specs.

For my own reference as I'll no doubt lose the piece of paper with the details on it.

Valves
    Inlet: 45.3mm
    Exhaust: 38.1mm

Cams
    Wade 694c
    447 thou of lift
    Exhaust:
    109 centreline
    270 @ 50 thou lift
    289 @ 20 thou lift
    Inlet:
    105 centreline
    270 @ 50 thou lift
    290 @ 20 thou lift

Comp: 10.2:1
    Max Engine Speed: 8,000rpm
    Bore: 84.5mm
    Stroke: 90mm
    Rod length: 145mm
    Valve Stem Diametre: 8mm
    Exhaust valve seat to port length: 60mm
    Fuel: 98 & E85
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

ooh nice. they did the exhaust on my 911- very happy with it, can't wait to see what they do for your car!
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Was that a val-racing Russian torsen diff? If so how's it going?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
          Was that a val-racing Russian torsen diff? If so how's it going?
          Yes it is, I haven't had a chance to put it in yet. I've noticed that the rubber donut is split, so I'm awaiting a replacement so I can do that at the same time.

I've spent a bit of time aking the car nicer for the road again. I've taken the Recaro out and put the standard seat back in, removed wheel and column spacers, new upper and lower shift boots so I can select reverse properly and not have heaps of gearbox whine in the cabin and put the road wheels and tyres on. This last one is a bit of a compromise... I think I want to put the 13x7s back on as it looks soooo much better.

My Italian 510

Comment

All sensible choices if it means you can enjoy the car more. Keen to hear how the diff goes. Did you deal with Val direct or a reseller?

Comment

I dealt with them direct, Dennis Popov, he's a mad Lada/Fiat nut.

My Italian 510

Comment

They seem pretty engaging with customers - they appear make a Peugeot/Citroen Torsen and it's less than half the cost of a qauife!

Comment

Not a lot has been happening with this car other than the occasional fang and trying to fix the exhaust leak at the headers. Last weekend I snapped a throttle cable. So in between rebalancing the throttles after it snapped, I decided to put the wrinkle black factory Fiat cam covers back on. Sick of the fake Abarth cam covers leaking oil due to the poor quality casting around the oil cap.

It's hopefully going in next week to have the pipes made. The front Konis have recently crapped out so need to decide what I am going to do there.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_3397.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	254.8 KB
ID:	7195137Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_3400.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	315.6 KB
ID:	7195138Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_3399.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	7195139

My Italian 510

Comment

Love this thing

Comment

Originally posted by trb012 View Post
                      Love this thing
                      Cheers!

So I dropped the car off to Brian @ Exhaust Innovations late yesterday arvo for the pipes to be made according to engine specs. He thinks the biggest delay will be the ceramic coating, he's hoping to have the pipes done and sent off for coating early next week. Given the primaries impeded on the port and the flange (hehehe) was not at the same angle to the port exit, let alone far from optimal diametres and lengths, I'm looking forward to seeing and feeling the difference.

After the pipes, list is:
                      • replace now flogged Koni reds with fresh Koni yellows (not sure just yet if I'll go up on spring rates as this is more a street/autocross/general fun car now, will likely only ever see the circuit once a year)
                      • replace rubber donut & fit Torsen LSD
                      • new semis on the 13x7s
                      • get wideband working
                      • retune on 98 and flex tune on E85
                      • get tacho working and speedo accurate (have a CAN dash so not super urgent, just a nice to have)
                      • investigate how I can do a small stereo that doesnt stand out like dog's balls (under seat sub)
                      • recover/retrim dash in leather
                      • weld up holes in bay, a couple of body repairs

My Italian 510

Comment

Hi mate if you are looking for stereo ideas I have one of these in the datto

https://strathfieldcarradios.com.au/...SAAEgIrNvD_BwE

Name:	20201030_210935.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	7197272
                        Sits under the passenger seat so nice and hidden the standard datto radio plate was then modded to sit in front of the controller so too the untrained eye is looks standardish

Comment

thanks, i'll grab one for my 510.

Comment

Originally posted by trb012 View Post
                            Hi mate if you are looking for stereo ideas I have one of these in the datto

https://strathfieldcarradios.com.au/...SAAEgIrNvD_BwE

Name:	20201030_210935.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	7197272
                            Sits under the passenger seat so nice and hidden the standard datto radio plate was then modded to sit in front of the controller so too the untrained eye is looks standardish
                            That's a cracking idea, cheers for that!! How many speakers are you running through it? What's the sound quality like?

My Italian 510

Comment

Im just running 5inch splits in the front and a 10 inch sub in the boot with another small amp under the seat as well. Sound quality is pretty good for what it is and the fact its streaming via bluetooth. It has a 3.5mm coax cable as well so you can plug a device straight in.

Comment

Brian at Exhaust Innovations does not seem to be one to fornicate with spiders. Pipes are done and have been sent off for ceramic coating. I have a chubby.
                                ‚Äč

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X