Clear All

Fuck yes
    AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Wheel choice is awesome
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

why people use HQ shit in this day and age I have no-idea, front and rear subframes out of something with decent suspension would be soooooo much better!
        Originally posted by ALLMTR
        the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

Originally posted by TRD-MX62 View Post
          why people use HQ shit in this day and age I have no-idea
          purity.

Comment

why people use HQ shit in this day and age I have no-idea, front and rear subframes out of something with decent suspension would be soooooo much better!
            Such as?
            HQ drives just fine.
            Originally posted by oioioioioi
            I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
            Originally posted by Sketchy
            Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
              Such as?
              HQ drives just fine.
              LOL! HQ's Retard Tuned Suspension was shit back then now you struggle to find parts for them! If you wanted to keep it ford AU IRS/IFS would be a better start, JZA80/Soarer front and rear subframes even better...

can understand the love for the F Truck and like the look but having HQ parts on it would be like waking up next to a tranny and being ok with it!
              Originally posted by ALLMTR
              the theory is the fuel pump is one of the only things that can fuck out on a diesel

Comment

RTS wasn’t introduced until hz
                I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

LOL! HQ's Retard Tuned Suspension was shit back then now you struggle to find parts for them! If you wanted to keep it ford AU IRS/IFS would be a better start, JZA80/Soarer front and rear subframes even better...

can understand the love for the F Truck and like the look but having HQ parts on it would be like waking up next to a tranny and being ok with it!
                  Struggle to find parts? So, you've not even looked I take it...
                  What's so shit about the HQ/WB suspension then? Considering we're talking about a 1961 F100, not a time attack car.
                  I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
                  Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Engineering is one big reason HQ suspension and chassis gets used. Lots of good aftermarket options to make them handle well but its all obviously shit because only Japanese cars go around corners and are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Marv View Post
                      Engineering is one big reason HQ suspension and chassis gets used. Lots of good aftermarket options to make them handle well but its all obviously shit because only Japanese cars go around corners and are awesome

This guy gets it!

Would have loved to get a roadster shop chassis out of the states and wheel it under- But engineering would have been a nightmare. This is the most feasible way to build a truck and have it legal and engineered.

Tell me how to graft the JZ80 subframe to a F truck body, and get it engineered for a reasonable sum... Struggle to get parts for HQ- c'mon man, shit is everywhere! Including aftermarket tubular arms etc. As mentioned, this is a bagged cruiser, not a Circuit car.

Tell you what- you go and build it your way and be happy, i'll build it mine and be happy

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
                        Wheel choice is awesome
                        Thanks mate

Both those wheels are for the front- i just mocked the RHF wheel on the rear so i can measure offset. I'm having a borg warner made with a tru trac and 31 spline axles, i'll also get it shortened to allow more dish on the rear wheels, rears will be 20x11's with 305/30's.

Comment

Because it's cost effective, legal, easy to source and is a 1000 times better than the factory front end in these things.
                          In saying that, going tube axle and leaf springs like a gasser is an improvement over the twin I beam!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 308hjute View Post

I like the bit where he suggests an AU front end instead.

Comment

oh yes!
                                "And I know that arseholes grow on trees but I'm here to trim the leaves" Peeping Tom, Mike Patton

Comment

Working...
                                X