Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fucking mint! :D

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Gammaboy
    PF - We're not happy till you're not happy.

Comment

Rear shocks being hung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 351 View Post

Rear shocks being hung

That takes care of lateral damping, what's gonna do the up 'n' down?

Comment

Faaaaark, that's a nice looking shock.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
            Faaaaark, that's a nice and expensive looking shock.
            FTFY

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
              FTFY

Nope, surprisingly cheap!
              https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-BILSTE...-/291354291096
              "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Well that is a suprise.....

Comment

Horrible build, I'll come round later to take it off your hands.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                    Well that is a suprise.....

The steel bodied Bilstein US stuff for trucks and circle track is remarkably cheap. The non remote reservoir circle track shocks work pretty well on road and track cars too.
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
                      That takes care of lateral damping, what's gonna do the up 'n' down?
                      The top mount is hidden above and brings the shock more vertical- this was just a quick snap while walking around.

In other new- new 2 stubtech lowered spindles ordered- new steel hubs with 1/2 studs, and new Harrop front brake kit ordered for it- should pull up nicely.

Hopefully front airbag mounts and shock mounts will be finished this week- then the chassis will go off to get painted, and diff shortened. Then final assy starts.

Front brakes will be the same as this..

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
                        The steel bodied Bilstein US stuff for trucks and circle track is remarkably cheap. The non remote reservoir circle track shocks work pretty well on road and track cars too.
                        Sure are- front is non remote res- and was about $100 US ea [emoji15]- rears were a bit more with remote res etc

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo 351 View Post
                          The top mount is hidden above and brings the shock more vertical- this was just a quick snap while walking around.
                          I thought "what the fuck is this guy doing with these shocks?" for a second, then It became clear the top ends weren't mounted so I added the italics.

Good to know they are so cheap, are they adjustable?

Comment

Comment

I was going to say watch the mounting angles for the rear shocks. A fair number of people are having issues when they're not mounted as close to verticle, and the mounts aren't inline, as possible. Someguys are just blowing seals while others have had piston shafts bend, although I suspect the combination of weight and speed is the issue with the bending. This isn't just the yank desert guys, the Challenger forum is full of guys with problems with their Bilsteins.
                              I'd also double check the shock travel, both full extension and full compression. Some listed applications are too short so if you use the full travel of your suspension you find the shock acts as the limiter before the suspension limiters do. Pretty disappointing to be honest, especially given the price.

Comment

can i buy this when Im back Glen?
                                RB26......................Again

Comment

Working...
                                X