No announcement yet.

PIG EYE Streeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually finished the last of the chin spoiler backorders yesterday. So they will all be sent out over next week if couriers please come and collect them during lockdown.

I will start making some for stock to hopefully be able to do quick turn around, as this COVID/TAX time has really put the pressure on me as everyone seems to have free time and money to buy parts.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Comment

Iā€™m in šŸ˜
      GT8
      1UZ Celica
      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Originally posted by Justengt4 View Post
        Iā€™m in šŸ˜
        you will have a PM soon, in the mould and drying as i type this.

anyway to the thread.

So went to trail fit my Struts and well lower bush does not fit, another case of the internet says it is a bolt-on swap and well......... that definition of bolt-on is very different for some people

on the side of good news, after months of waiting for the weld in threads, they are here. So this will allow me to bolt in the MX41 rear diff subframe to give the stock appearance. the front ones are probably overkilled but they will allow me to bolt in AE86 Caster/tension mounts opening up the world for aftermarket items.

Still, three weeks lockdown before anything crazy can happen but pretty happy that the parts collection is getting there enough where all the custom stuff is completed and it is a case of buying off the shelf items.

CISCOKIDS
        The Gentlemen's Club
        Midnight Rocker

Comment

Small update.

Rear strut bushes changed and fixed to suit. the rear end now in. found out driver wheel bearing is seized, axles boots need replacing and as you can see the axles look to be on the upward angle at strut full highet nothing dramatic and hopefully raising the diff mount will correct this issue.

has superpro make me a ISO diff bush

had issues with the front end, first being LCA's being a lot longer than i needed but the main issue was ball joints being stuffed and unable to bolt coils/knuckles in etc. caster arm are about 100mm too short so need to fabricate. but what shitted me the most was using mate for fabrication. awesome guy etc but I wanted the front end to be able to bolt in AE86 stuff and have no issues, instead, he made the AE86 stuff fit the X3 witch meant drilling some very expensive Cusco items. it's done now, just annoying and why I will prob not go this route with other cars.

So what is left? well remove it all, paint it all including the body and get what I need to be rebuilt. so it will be finished rolling/steering wise. the only major concern after this is the steering shaft and extractors everything else is essentially off the shelf and little fabrication items. oh and wheels to suit.

with a daughter, it has been really hard as after 7 pm im bugged and my weekends are spent with my daughter doing things. so i do regret not taking advantage of doing things before baby. but I will make it work.

CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

with a daughter, it has been really hard as after 7 pm im bugged and my weekends are spent with my daughter doing things. so i do regret not taking advantage of doing things before baby. but I will make it work.
            better for the long run u doing daddy daughter things man, the car can wait but building a good relationship when her mind and emotions are developing cant wait.

the way i looked at it is there will be a time when they will want to do their own thing that day or spend it with their friends, the car will be there for u.

and if u manage to get the car done bonus! chuck a car seat in there and go for a drive and crank some tunes they like and get them drivethru chips and apple juice and make it a memorable bit of quality time.

EDIT: and update is pretty damn good too, made me want to re-read whole thread which is how imma spend lunch today
            www.holditflat.com

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzelburger View Post

better for the long run u doing daddy daughter things man, the car can wait but building a good relationship when her mind and emotions are developing cant wait.

the way i looked at it is there will be a time when they will want to do their own thing that day or spend it with their friends, the car will be there for u.

and if u manage to get the car done bonus! chuck a car seat in there and go for a drive and crank some tunes they like and get them drivethru chips and apple juice and make it a memorable bit of quality time.

EDIT: and update is pretty damn good too, made me want to re-read whole thread which is how imma spend lunch today
              100% being honest, before having a kid I was like it won't affect me, I will get what I need to be done, but 100% just want to enjoy time with her, most Saturdays I spend planing something to do like I call it daddy-daughter adventures and it is nothing crazy, just local shopping centre or walk around park etc. but I have a lot more fun doing that then I do dealing with my car and agree I have had these cars for a long time between 10-5 years, and I have put them to the side before knowing I will finish them it is just not as quick as some builds here but in the end, I will finish them and enjoy them and maybe if im lucky enough she will enjoy them with me
              CISCOKIDS
              The Gentlemen's Club
              Midnight Rocker

Comment

100% being honest, before having a kid I was like it won't affect me, I will get what I need to be done, but 100% just want to enjoy time with her, most Saturdays I spend planing something to do like I call it daddy-daughter adventures and it is nothing crazy, just local shopping centre or walk around park etc.
                yeah exactly the same here similar little things like that i reckon it's gonna make a meaningful impact, especially when its tied something they like.

i could almost see the memory being imprinted with mine when i did the littlest thing, got maccas drivethru chips and an apple juice, i parked up the car in a nice area in my town overlooking the countryside and took her out of the car seat and put her in the front seat. Then cranked some songs she likes (shitty pop songs) and sung and waved my arms around with her while we ate she thought it was the best fucking thing in the world.

now asks if we can go for a cruise and get drive thru all the time haha.
                www.holditflat.com

Comment

so again like the other thread no real updates.

A mate who wants to finish the car and has been doing the fab work is just becoming hard to get time with him to work on it etc. so decided to pull the plug and send it to another mate but awaiting for his hoist to come in 1st and just pay him to complete the fab work for the car. other than that i have been on the lookout for a diff, on the fence about a Tru-Trac and might end up just forking out the cash and getting a TRD mechanical.

but on more good news/bad news.

ordered wheels for the car today with the hope they will fit/look good.

RS Watanabe Eight Spoke Type R (Gunmetal) 14x8.0J -6
                  RS Watanabe Eight Spoke Type R (Gunmetal) 14x10.0J -32

The downside is 6-month backorder so won't see them until JAN 2022
                  CISCOKIDS
                  The Gentlemen's Club
                  Midnight Rocker

Comment

Who did you order your watts through? I want to get a set of 14s now as well my last ones where direct from japan and took over 8 months

Comment

Originally posted by SRB210 View Post
                      Who did you order your watts through? I want to get a set of 14s now as well my last ones where direct from japan and took over 8 months
                      Jessie Streeter. there are some on yahoo auctions in japan in stock but double RRP lol.
                      CISCOKIDS
                      The Gentlemen's Club
                      Midnight Rocker

Comment

Jessie Streeter. there are some on yahoo auctions in japan in stock but double RRP lol.
                        ok cool lol

Comment

So a minor update,

Due to time and getting over the car sitting there, I sent the car to 21Fabrications.

Rear-end is now in, straight. We ended up just welding in the cross member instead of having it bolt in like stock due to only needing the diff bush to be held into place. Essentially a cross between X6/X7 Cressida's. However, mostly tack welded to make sure the engineer will be 100% happy with the plan before 100% welding it in. I have also added some tiny braces to the camber adjusters.

The rack has been moved forward 20mm. However, as you noticed, the steering rack is sitting a little upright. However, this might not be a problem, but we will not know until we finish removing the slop out of the steering column/shaft.

Caster mounts and arms are now in place.

Other problems that have been run into are the S13 fuel tank simply too big for a low car. 100% will work if you sit at average ride height and like that Torana/VN drop tank look.

So options are fuel cell, custom tank or find a stock tank and convert it to EFI.

So this is all the work that happened after I dropped the car off Friday at lunchtime. So pleased progress is happening. A little disappointed I have not been able to work on it as much as I hopped.

Whats next?

Install the engine and transmission.

So what are we waiting for?
                          The bearing for the steering shaft,
                          Radiator and thermo's to arrive.
                          Stainless exhaust manifold flange to be cut.
                          6-1 merge collector to arrive.

What i need to sort out,

Custom muffler for the rear of the car, want dual 2 inches in/outlets with round muffler so classic Japanese 240z style however there about 100mm too long so custom it is.

I also need to work out whether I put in a hotdog or another muffler to pass engineering. a person I know passed with the same engineer on one muffler, one hotdog setup. But he had no extractors. So feeling I might be close to the limit.
                          CISCOKIDS
                          The Gentlemen's Club
                          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Working...
                          X