PIG EYE Streeter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew Bolt View Post
    Subscribed. You'll love the ITBed 2JZ. I have one in my MX23.

I have an MX36 and am interested in the R&P kit you talked about in an earlier post.
    Originally posted by Justengt4 View Post
    Someone else’s problem for a while 😊

What do you think of stuffing a full MX83 cross member in my MX32? Simplifies steering, struts, stud pattern, and engine mounts that I will need to change anyways.
    To quote both of you, this (ae86 steering) has seemed to have worked rather well. I have a friend who went the X7 cross member route (X7/X8 cross members are interchangeable) he has advised his geo is a little out but nothing redesigning the knuckles won't fix. so it is 100% doable however going X8 means you would have 5 Stud front, 4 stud rear. if that is no issue then go with it

if I was to do mine again I would probably stick with ae86, the sole reason being more aftermarket support for the front end, more brake options, more suspension options etc. if i was to do it again i would also purchase this

https://www.xcessivemanufacturing.co...ss-member.html

Now in regards to my engine, got a phone call Friday night and well...... he was in contact with a COVID person and has to wait for the results of a test. so a bit of a delay but to be fair I'm ok with it, it has allowed more parts to arrive (Radiator and Thermo came today) and let's face it, since going to him i have had more work done on it then in the 2 years prior.
    CISCOKIDS
    The Gentlemen's Club
    Midnight Rocker

Comment

Yeah I’m just looking for the simplest package that will make use of what I already have. Narrowed hilux diff can revert back to 5 stud easy enough and I have new BC MX83 coilovers. LS kits are off the shelf. Keeping all the front end steering and geometry saves headaches also....if the crossmember isn’t too hard to fit?
      GT8
      1UZ Celica
      1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Yeah I’m just looking for the simplest package that will make use of what I already have. Narrowed hilux diff can revert back to 5 stud easy enough and I have new BC MX83 coilovers. LS kits are off the shelf. Keeping all the front end steering and geometry saves headaches also....if the crossmember isn’t too hard to fit?
        this is what is needed to fit an X7/X8 cross member into X3. in regards to engine, mounts working I'm not sure they should in theory but trans tunnel being different (heaps smaller) might require more bashing or to move it forward a tad

Attached Files
        CISCOKIDS
        The Gentlemen's Club
        Midnight Rocker

Comment

So picked up the JZX101 Shroud and JZX100 radiator, GReddy one to complete the theme. bit of a gap so I need to work out how I will join it all up and get this 16" spal working.
          Attached Files
          CISCOKIDS
          The Gentlemen's Club
          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

this is what is needed to fit an X7/X8 cross member into X3. in regards to engine, mounts working I'm not sure they should in theory but trans tunnel being different (heaps smaller) might require more bashing or to move it forward a tad
            Ok thanks for that. I do have an AE86 cross member and rack, I just need the steering knuckles. Wonder if the mx83 struts would bolt on?
            GT8
            1UZ Celica
            1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Ok thanks for that. I do have an AE86 cross member and rack, I just need the steering knuckles. Wonder if the mx83 struts would bolt on?
              I think so, pretty sure it is the same ball joint.
              CISCOKIDS
              The Gentlemen's Club
              Midnight Rocker

Comment

Originally posted by ROBAPHENT View Post

I think so, pretty sure it is the same ball joint.
                Done deal then, awesome 👍
                GT8
                1UZ Celica
                1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Done deal then, awesome 👍
                  So yanack use to sell LCA that fit both AE86 and JZX81. however when i look up the ball joint part number they are both different. Cressida is BJ314 and AE86 is BJ145. so now I believe they won't work.
                  CISCOKIDS
                  The Gentlemen's Club
                  Midnight Rocker

Comment

Bugger. Some offset LCA adjusters will sort the issue ...just a bit of stuffing around
                    GT8
                    1UZ Celica
                    1.07 flat Wakefield Park

Comment

Engine and trans are now in.

CISCOKIDS
                      The Gentlemen's Club
                      Midnight Rocker

Comment

dat motor
                        www.holditflat.com

Comment

Things I need to sort out,

Flip the TPS to the back and put linkages on the left side of TB's as there is only a tiny amount of room between TB and the heater core outlet.
                          I only have 90mm of space between the radiator nearest pully. So plan to use shroud, and 16" Thermo is out. I will need to make a shroud and put in twin 12" fans and now use an aftermarket overflow.

We need to sort out a catch can location and style mount oil cooler, get some tubes for the heater hose, then pay someone to do the wiring. Part of me wants to attempt it, but then part of me doesn't.

not sure if there is anything else I need to do, so if anyone has anything I might have forgotten, please let me know
                          CISCOKIDS
                          The Gentlemen's Club
                          Midnight Rocker

Comment

Working...
                          X