Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_pete View Post
    Am I the only one sad that this will be turned into a variety bash car?
    Mmm, that's pretty much one step off demo-derby.
    Originally posted by oioioioioi
    I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
    Originally posted by Sketchy
    Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

Originally posted by Soopy View Post
      Mmm, that's pretty much one step off demo-derby.
      Why?
      Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
        Why?
        You should have seen the Ex Endeavour rally GTV i had back in ~2001 - it was properly fucked. 4" long cracks above the shock mounts on every corner. It was unfixable, wound up cutting it up with a 4" grinder and a hacksaw and putting it out in the wheelie bin.
        The just get flogged to death, especially if the do multiple events.
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Originally posted by big_pete View Post
          Am I the only one sad that this will be turned into a variety bash car?
          I am. 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Gammaboy View Post
            You should have seen the Ex Endeavour rally GTV i had back in ~2001 - it was properly fucked. 4" long cracks above the shock mounts on every corner. It was unfixable, wound up cutting it up with a 4" grinder and a hacksaw and putting it out in the wheelie bin.
            The just get flogged to death, especially if the do multiple events.
            Endeavour is very different to Variety. Variety Bash is in no way competitive, so most aren't going at it. Most of the failures that happen in VB are due to poor car prep, cars that are already shitboxes and possibly silly mistakes.

My Italian 510

Comment

There's typically very few fucks given about the car too though, so doing 100km/h down rutted roads and bouncing them off compacted dirt mounds is common. The car's don't have a long life as a VB-er and come out the otherside.
              Originally posted by oioioioioi
              I've never said or implied everyone on that page was a deadshit - just that there's a concentration of deadshits there. Think of it like a mine, but instead of a rich vein of gold bearing quartz, it's a rich vein of spastic bearing facebook posts.
              Originally posted by Sketchy
              Any peanut who thinks they could have done it better from the comfort of their armchair or work desk is a genuine mong level potato.

Comment

yep same. spannered on a few, and theyre all unroadworthy. cracked chassis, bodged welding, fucked bushes etc etc.

easiest way to kill a car.
                Originally posted by Marv
                Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

There's also quite a few immaculate cars that have done 20+ bashes. As mentioned, it's car prep and sympathy. Quite easy to do a bash without fucking a car, and most of the people who have done many bashes with the one nice looking car are actually car guys. A lot of the people who do the bash aren't, they're the ones who are having breakages and driving pieces of shit. They do no prep and the car hasn't been driven/serviced since the last bash.

My Italian 510

Comment

To be honest I'm not a fan of it, The thought of them being thrashed does my head in, hopefully they'll look after it, although after hearing the "well just put some mesh in the rust bits" made me almost pull the sale,

I said it needs to be done properly, hopefully their agreement after discussion of future value etc wasn't just because that's what they knew I wanted to hear, the conversation after it was a done deal doesn't make me hold much hope for it though unfortunately, end of the day, it's their car, and regardless of it being locked up in a shed or driven into the ground, it's not in anyone else's lives, on the plus side,

New owner does own a genuine 350 GTS 4 door HQ, plus a couple of other cool cars, and his son has a couple neat ones as well, so might be ok.

Comment

Selling this did me no favors, I kinda bought it so I had a car with seats for school holidays, kids, plural,

Did this today for replacement, seems cool, has seats, apparently was some government workers car, had a personal driver and when he retired they gave him the car, kicked the bucket, his wife sold it to a guy a couple years ago that did nothing with it bar reco the radiator, seems pretty solid, spot of rust he dodged up at the back under the boot seal, aircon belt is off, I assume that's fucked, rest not to bad, paints a bit shit, tops of door trims are split on passenger doors, imagine drivers may have been done, this is the gumtree add pics, its a pretty genuine thing, MS112, 1983, 5ME, so at least it has some sort of fuel efficiency.... hahahaha, it'll be fine, cant be worse than dailying an E85 1JZ Van,

It comes home tomorrow,

Comment

Thats pretty lush.

7M turbo conversion next update?

Comment

I like that you justified buying yet another car "because school holidays and the kids need seats".
                          Originally posted by Dimi
                          80mm of penetration isn't bad, i wish i had that much.
                          Originally posted by schnitzelburger
                          My entire working career pretty much consists of suckin dick and takin names.

Sometimes im too busy to take names.

Comment

Crowns are cool. Now put an LS innit.
                            Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
                              I like that you justified buying yet another car "because school holidays and the kids need seats".
                              Works for me.....

One if the more rational reasons I can think if to justify a car purchase.....

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Picked this up this morning, A mate gave me a lift over,

Found hidden key in said garden ornament, put the key in, turned it, click..click...click, cunt

Went to servo and bought overpriced jumper leads and drove back, pushed it into the middle of the street and fired it up..
                                Blew a shit ton of grey smoke, fuck me, here we go, been sitting for a while though,

Got it to the closest servo to put fuel in, gauge was just under empty line, jump started it again, then put some air in the tyres, 16psi wasn't awesome,

Drove pretty well, gave it a boot-full, blew out various colours of the rainbow, then all cleared up, gearbox is a bit crook though, fluid doesn't look overly old, shifts hard into gears, have to get up it a bit to make it bang into top, meh, fuck it, it goes, interior is pretty tidy, most of the shit works, drivers window works but at one stage wound down on quite an angle, pushed it back and was fine ha ha, sigh...

Anyway, it's home, alternator seems to work, will get said children to wash/clean it,

Comment

Working...
                                X