The "What the fuck am I doing" Kingswood

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightyear has a set of white wheels in the for sale section.

What motor?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

I did see them, they are worth more than the car lol, Has a dirty 5M-E, chances are the engine will stay and the car will go.

Comment

I had one almost identical. Mine was a white ms112 with the same interior. I put a 7MGTE and 5sp manual in it back in the day. The Fridge of Fury.

Pre AU falcon wheels and mkIII supra wheels are direct fit. Donít persist with the M engine they are all shit lol although the 7m turbo used a LOT less fuel than the 5ME on normal driving.

LSD to fit the crown housing are rare and unusual. Plan for a diff swap.

Steering box makes any v8 conversion a pain to do. Iíd go LS1 with starter relocation if I was to do it again.
        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

I did my crown engine swap in 1998. Fuck me has it really been 20 years
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by 350stato View Post
            Think offset is similar to early Falcon, unsure of what to put on at this stage, maybe some old Centerlines lol
            EA Turbo Blades!
            "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

It turns out a mate has had these sitting about for a good 10 years, said if I take them I can have them, apparently Crowns have a big enough boot to fit 2 14x7 & 14x8 on top of each other, bit of rust on the barrels but look like they might clean up ok, would like to unbolt the center but they seem to be stupid tight so I'll just deal with trying to make them look like something lol, maybe paint the rims black and polish the alloy center and find some new caps.

Comment

Score!
                Also, with some clearancing for the disc, Nissan 4 pot calipers are a direct fit. I think. Shit itís been 20 years

Comment

thing in footwell is for the book pack.

needs hayashi streets.
                  Originally posted by Marv
                  Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Ha ha, God I know, I was standing in front of it before and wondering what the fuck is wrong with me...

Boot is sufficient for 4 chopped up strippers..

Dude. You don't chop up strippers. You chop up hookers.
                    Leave the strippers alone!

Also, they are called Call Girls when alive, but hookers when they are dead.
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

It turns out a mate has had these sitting about for a good 10 years, said if I take them I can have them, apparently Crowns have a big enough boot to fit 2 14x7 & 14x8 on top of each other, bit of rust on the barrels but look like they might clean up ok, would like to unbolt the center but they seem to be stupid tight so I'll just deal with trying to make them look like something lol, maybe paint the rims black and polish the alloy center and find some new caps.

AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

Fuck yes!! Good thinking! I have these left over from the Cadillac! they'll work perfectly with the rim painted Black!

Alternator seems to be shagged now, drove it for a few days as a daily and last night I drove to the corner store, walked in and out, hit the key and dead battery, jump starts ok but multi meter says 12.3 volts running so will have to sort that out, had a quick look and it had a shaft out the back for a pump drive from a diesel for fucks sake, might see if I can find a proper one ha ha

Comment

Ooh, thats a good wheel choice. Keen to see how it looks. A 1uz would make a nice cruiser and make the appropriate noises

Comment

Sent the wheels away to shop to be pulled apart near 2 weeks ago for this thing, they told me a couple days ago they have the bolts out of 2 and should be back this week, will see...

Pulled the hubcaps off, looks ok, will do while I'm waiting....

Got bored waiting and bought this shitbox, fuck knows why, probably because finishing the current VL scares me? I dunno, stupid cunt.

Seems to drive ok, will fuck off the 18" Clubsport wheels and put on some stocko 15" pursuit/chaser rims, dirty 30 auto, series one so no provisions for turbo, can't see it lasting long....

Came with 2 brand new headlights and indicators, 1 was fitted, I fitted the other, found a set of taillights in the shed so will pop them in, have chased up a few of the moulds, just need to find a few others and will paint them up and put it all on

Comment

This is beginning to remind me of Skompas old thread.

Please continue buying and selling old cars 😁

Comment

Out of nowhere a vl pops up haha

Thought you would have bought nugvara for something different.
                                an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X