The "What the fuck am I doing" Kingswood

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sold the HSV wheels, dodgy old shitters I had laying around kinda suit the bloody thing...

Had a couple of stocko rims behind the shed and Shifty gave me a couple extras, sanded them up and gave them a dodgy rattle can job, got 4 of the cheapest new tyres I could and fitted them on, Need to find some old center caps and maybe some dress rims,

Still no word on the Dragways for the Crown, Kinda out of time as I fly out Saturday for USA for Drag Week so I'll call them tomorrow if I don't hear from them and pick them up, see if I can get a mate to take them elsewhere while I'm gone to be puled apart

Comment

Went to pick up the Dragway wheels for the Crown from the shop I dropped them at 3 weeks before I went to the USA for 4 weeks, Walked in and found them looking no different to nearly 2 months previous.....

They had undone the allen key bolts on 2 of the rims, didn't remove the centers, jut undid them, so I threw them in the van, they said their tooling was bending trying to undo the other 2 so they stopped, not a message, not a phone call, nothing

Will call Dr Wheels at Yatala Monday and see if he can do anything with them, I really don't want to spend much money on them hence the decision to do them the way planned, I know GUN31 does them but postage to Sydney and back a couple times wouldn't be worth the price of the wheels

Also starting to round up bits for the VL bumpers to sort that out now that I'm back

Comment

That's a bit fucking average
        BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Bought a gearbox for VL as the thing seems ever so slightly slippy moving it about the yard, probably should have checked the fluid level first, might do that later, was a mint low klm thing for $100, fuck it,

Also almost have all of the bumper bits for it too now, Shifty bailed me out fo the shit as he had a new set of front bumper bits, only need 1 little side rear piece now and I can dodge them... err, paint them up

Comment

Originally posted by 350stato View Post

Will call Dr Wheels at Yatala Monday and see if he can do anything with them, I really don't want to spend much money on them hence the decision to do them the way planned, I know GUN31 does them but postage to Sydney and back a couple times wouldn't be worth the price of the wheels
            You can send them to a depot in sydney for $50 (for all 4 wheels) thru e-go couriers if you drop them off at the depot.

Comment

Finally decided to do something with the VL shitbox, Ended up buying a new strip through a mate at rare spares for the back corner, so now I have all the bits, although I'd still rather find a second hand front bumper center and keep the new ones for a rainy day but I'm running out of patience trying to find one, so might just use it,

The bumpers on it were held together with ziptie's pretty well, somebody got creative, I pulled the bumpers off and threw in a set of matching tail lights I had sitting around, not the best but the cars a shitter anyway so kinda suits,

Decided to be a dodgy cunt and sand the side strip's on the car, they are cunts to get of and expensive to replace, will mask it up and paint them on there, fuck it.

Sanded rear bumper and most the strips, still need to do whatever I'm doing for a front bumper,

Jake the Painter/Exhaust guy buffed it up for me, the pics don't show the difference that well but it's about 5 shades whiter and actually has reflections now..

Took it out to give it a bath, it actually doesn't look like a complete shit box in the light!!!

Comment

baller - tiled garage

is there any grass in your place ?- or all gone for the greater good of car parking ?

Comment

Come up nice mate looks good

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                    baller - tiled garage

is there any grass in your place ?- or all gone for the greater good of car parking ?
                    There unfortunately is more lawn in the front yard than concrete in the back, then the foot path outside is bloody huge (corner block)

Comment

Bit of dodgy shit for the day, masked up shitbox VL side molds and painted them in original MX Grey, got paint cans made so its half shit but turned out looking ok, not mint but not shit so I'm happy with it, will attempt to get some bumpers done tomorrow

Also stole the center caps off the V8 Corolla wheels and gave them a quick hit with paint yesterday, amazing the difference those little things make.

Comment

Nice one. Looks like it will end up looking fairly decent with a bit more TLC.
                        Norbie!

Comment

Painted bumpers and trims up, turned out ok, Not the best but not shit, looks the part on the car,

Was missing a few clips and brackets, Rare spares now sell most clips for these, they dont do a few bits still including the front trim brackets, grabbed the ones from my gold VL and stole some scrap bits from OKE020's shop & dodgied up some, looks shit but does the job spot on lol,

All went on, not overly impressed with fit up on rear bar, brackets seem to low and looks like its hanging a bit but I ran out of fucks, so meh.....

Apart from that, it looks ok I guess, might strip the tint an do chrome dress rings, *maybe* I'll touch up the paint on the front...

Comment

looks alot better!

protip for removing these door belts in future without destroying them.
                            Get a cheap floppy blunt butter knife that your missus wont notice missing from the kitchen, grind the handle down so that it will fit into a small recipro airsaw, slide it up from the bottom, in behind the belt in middle and work your way out towards each end with the saw.

Comment

Unless you want to be in a world of pain, don't remove tint

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by 50RTD
                              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                                looks alot better!

protip for removing these door belts in future without destroying them.
                                Get a cheap floppy blunt butter knife that your missus wont notice missing from the kitchen, grind the handle down so that it will fit into a small recipro airsaw, slide it up from the bottom, in behind the belt in middle and work your way out towards each end with the saw.
                                Arh nice, Yeah I wasn't keen on removing then trying to find a couple new ones, front drivers has a couple little cracks, Will steal the missus... borrow.... buy my own thin blade next time I need to take some off,

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                                Unless you want to be in a world of pain, don't remove tint

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
                                Yeah it's a whole world of hurt, but I think it needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
                                X