1977 GS 1220 Pallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would love a CX2200 Palais.

The first car I was ever driven in over the old ton.....

And suitably weirdy beardy batshit crazy Citroen, and compared to the SM, affordable, with similar spaceship looks

Comment

So, nothing hugely photo worthy in the last few months. I've been making some progress on the body work, and tracking down and fixing hydraulic leaks, exhaust hangers etc.

We're pretty much ready to put the front of it back together now.

The car only had a drivers side mirror, so I treated it to two new ones. The rest of the stainless steel has been polishing up pretty nicely, so hopefully these will set it off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	UfzlmsT.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	2.26 MB
ID:	7176604
      Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Wow that's shiny, nice how it matches the window surrounds. Do you have to spray the rest of the car?

Comment

Nice progress.

Next we need the photo of it cocking a wheel to have a piss......

Comment

Originally posted by AxGT View Post
            I'm also doing some work on the radio - because that is clearly a priority when I haven't got a roadworthy yet.
            The car came with a mono AM radio. I've got a Blaupunkt SQR46-DAB for it to replace that, but I needed to find a reasonable location for some front speakers.

The single speaker is in the passenger footwell, so I pulled off the grill to see how bad it was. Luckily, there is a hole in the stamping there, so I should be able to get a reasonable magnet in there, and there should be a bit of air volume for the speaker.

Name:	IMG_8255.jpg?raw=1.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	170.3 KB
ID:	7139460
            I spent a bunch of time looking at 4" and 3.5" speakers, and found that some Hertz DCX 87.3s should fit in the space I've got.

The existing grill has mounts for a 4" speaker, and I've only got one of them, so I decided to try designing something in CAD to suit the 3.5" Hertz speakers, and 3d printing it.
            This is a test print in PLA, once the speakers arrive and I've made some adjustments (if I need to), I'll reprint in Black PETG, so it should survive cabin temps.
            The print artifacts on the grill face are because I printed it face down - printing it back down should solve that.

Name:	grills-1.jpg?raw=1.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	153.9 KB
ID:	7139461

I've since made some modifications to the design, which should make them look a bit better, adding a bit of roundness to the top and bottom, and a logo.

Did you end up reprinting yet?
            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post

Did you end up reprinting yet?
              Yep, they haven't made it into the car yet, but they're ready to go.

I'm considering getting a chrome paint pen and trying to paint the chevrons, but I think it looks pretty good as it is.

Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
                Wow that's shiny, nice how it matches the window surrounds. Do you have to spray the rest of the car?
                I don't think I'm going to spray the whole rest of the car yet, so its going to be a bit new and old, but I suspect that will happen sometime down the track.

I'd like to drive it this year - we'll see if that happens.
                Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Originally posted by AxGT View Post

Yep, they haven't made it into the car yet, but they're ready to go.

I'm considering getting a chrome paint pen and trying to paint the chevrons, but I think it looks pretty good as it is.

Looks really good!
                  Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Love these things. Nice job on the speaker grilles, and IMHO Citroen woulda left the chevrons black :-)
                    Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

I've been pottering on with the car at the folks still, but its getting closer to coming down to my place.
                      This evening, I finished the stereo install (for now).

I've got an SQR46DAB in the stock location, with two front speakers in the footwells for now.
                      The 3D printed grills worked really well.

Sound quality is pretty good, but as expected from 3.5" speakers, bass is a bit lacking, so I'll be looking at an under seat sub of some description. I'll just have to find (or make) something to fit.

Tomorrow night I should get the dash back in again, and then I need to organise a towie to drop it down.

Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Well, got most of the dash in last night, but ran out of steam before we got the instrument cluster in

Weekend is looking pretty busy, but I might up and see if i can get it done over that time.
                        Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

I'm enjoying the weirdness, carry on.
                          Norbie!

Comment

billsteamshovelhurryup.gif

Comment

I love it when this thread gets updated. Such an awesome car.

Comment

Approximately 1 million years ago at a Toyota Nationals, Norbie and I stumbled upon a Citroen weird beard day. My then girlfriend's father was a Peugeot 504 enthusiast so I equated all Francophiles to being strange. I remember being blown away by a Citroen with a Maserati V6 (an SM?). It had an unprotected rotating shaft in the engine bay that looked ready to rip the arm off an inattentive operator. Owner was a Terry Talkalot but all quite interesting.

Carry on. Very interesting and brings up lots of odd memories from 30 years ago!
                                Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
                                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                                Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

Working...
                                X