No announcement yet.

1 Shade of Grey - Double S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Much better on the right way around. Those are VS covers too, has the later style lion there. Hit those bananas ASAP!
    Originally posted by Rdyno
    It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
      I still really want one of these. Waiting for beer virus to affect values and maybe pick up a tidy example...

Keep making with the updates !
      They seem to have calmed down a bit. The selling for 20+ K seem to be only reserved for the immac spec/restored/extensively modified ones now.

15K is usually the average for a road going one. A red one sold the other day for 12 and it was in way worse condition than mine.

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
      Much better on the right way around. Those are VS covers too, has the later style lion there. Hit those bananas ASAP!
      The front one is yeah. I've got the original one at home. I like the later style lion. I wouldn't mind a set of VT ones for it.
      The front plate cost me $10 from a swap meet. I didn't even haggle. Yep I'll have that sure.

The weather is nice and the woman is out so I might smash some shit on it today and see where I get.
      1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
      YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

I've come to the conclusion 30mins - 1 hour a day on little things inside the car should start moving it along properly.
        So yesterday I did that. A while back I bought kicker 3inch (I think they are) speakers for the front pods. Old mate told me they fit easy. They don't lol. Some slight mods to them and the carriage in the dash and they're in. The drivers side had a Sony one lobbed in there and an Alpine type S in the passenger side.
        The drivers side (I'll get some pics of later) was busted so a mate gave me a pair from a wreck he has.

So I wired in the new speakers and put the covers on. The ones that are in my SS are broke and the ones Josh gave me the cages are faded weirdly. So I made one good one outta both.

This is the one that's on the passenger side. The drivers side was horribly glued together and smashed in there...

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	90.6 KB ID:	7132259
        Click image for larger version  Name:	1.1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.12 MB ID:	7132261

Here's Josh's one:
        Weird how it faded in that corner.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,016.8 KB ID:	7132262

They've got little metal tabs there so slowly removed them. I cracked the other side in the process of doing this as well.

Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1,013.0 KB ID:	7132263

"This looks like a crack shit I'll just _"---SSNNAAAPPP FML
        It's fixable so I'll carefully glue it back together. Not like the hack job old mates done before..

Like a bought one. The drivers side was covered in silicone as well WTF? So I spent a while cleaning all that off.

Something I suppose.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	836.1 KB ID:	7132264

So next goal today is to try and get a working radio and test the speaking wiring that's left. Fully prepared to re-wire it all but if it works might get away with it.
        Last edited by no13b_Coupe; 09-04-20, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by no13b_Coupe View Post
          They seem to have calmed down a bit. The selling for 20+ K seem to be only reserved for the immac spec/restored/extensively modified ones now. 15K is usually the average for a road going one. A red one sold the other day for 12 and it was in way worse condition than mine.
          Hope you're right mate. I've tucked aside 25k to buy either an Atlas VN or a red / cherry black VS Clubby. Probably still prefer the VN though...

The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Yeah both very good choices lol.

I fiddled with the drivers side one yesterday and fucked it even more. Turns out that there's a plastic thing that must run under the dash and follows the window lining.
            The drivers side if all munted.

I was going to go work on it now but it's raining again. Tempt to do driveway skids is too high. Plus I gotta get wet to move the falcon outta the way...

Comment

How do you find getting the bits and pieces you need mate ? Reasonably easy or rocking horse shit / drug money ?

Comment

Eh 50/50 man. I've got most of the SS specific stuff. I've given up on a steering wheel cause not drug money for a good one and you've gotta be quick.

Some things are cheap enough most mang mang idiots seem to throw shit out almost. Some not so lucky.

Comment

Originality aside, there’s not much that’s good about a genuine VN SS steering wheel.

Comment

Yeah, i've seen some of the FB pages selling stuff. It's a zoo....

And yep. On the money Marco !

Comment

VN aren’t Airbag cars so how about dropping an email to Roman Autotek and asking if they have anything period in an OEMish style/look. They might have some combo they can do that doesn’t look like you went shopping on eBay for a wheel.

i pointed a mate in their direction about a wheel for his BF and he casually asked if they had anything to suit his S2 AU at the same time. He ended up with some unique Momo chunky ring from the BF/FG era but to suit the AU bag etc for not a lot of $$. Apparently they made a short run of them as an aftermarket option that just wasn’t popular enough for ongoing production but 10 odd years later someone there was “hey I think we have something cool for an AU out back...”..
                      ---
                      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Thanks for the thought Aaron I'm pretty happy with the momo.

I just noticed all the original pics are gone to I found this which aside from the horn button is the same Momo they used in the Group A.

Click image for larger version

Name:	92624767_833042057173816_1268470306851258368_n.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	7133356

Genuine Momo to. It'll do the job :D (pic is pre instrument cluster swap etc)

I've started ripping the carpet out of it. I'm stuck at the moment cause I can't open the back door properly. Hoping to reverse it outta the carport today.
                        Nopics and I aren't on talking terms at the moment and don't want to add 304 noises to the bag of what have I done this times....

I sorted some junk out of the back to. I'm actually pretty shitty. I put all the smaller plastics in bubble wrap in the boot to keep them safe. The front lip is that little bit awkward to fit in there (it's full of VN stuff) so It's been sitting across the back parcel shelf and the seat.
                        THE FUCKING THINGS BENT.... I've left it now on a flat bench so hopefully it comes good again.

Checked all the lights and stuff worked as well. It's been a while since it's been driven in the dark. I've now found an excellent night time deterrent for my annoying cricket practising neighbours

Comment

Yeah that Momo looks mint. Funny enough it’s the kind of thing I was thinking about (not knowing that they were a factory option).
                          ---
                          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Its a shit of a job, but gives you chance to fix up all those stupid annoying problems. Makes it a much nicer place to sit in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                              Yeah that Momo looks mint. Funny enough it’s the kind of thing I was thinking about (not knowing that they were a factory option).
                              +1. Appropriately period correct and everything. (They weren't a factory option, but they were standard fitment on the Group A. Many/most/all(?) HSVs of the era had Momo steering wheels IIRC.

Comment

All had Momo wheels from VN - VP, VR had Nardi wheels predominantly then VS went to the standard airbag wheel but leather wrapped.
                                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Working...
                                X