No announcement yet.

1 Shade of Grey - Double S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep that was my understanding! If the car ever gets sold off I'm keeping the wheel :D

I'll put in into the red Gemini. Amy's and the coupe both have genuine ones in them! Momo snob.

Yeah mad_cow. It'll pay off. I'll order the new carpet soon enough.

Should I bother with underlay? The stuff in there now I probably won't reuse. Probably got 30 years of whatever spills through it. Gaids and probably swine flu.

Recommendations? Old mate at Summernats wasn't interested in selling me stuff so I didn't buy any there.
    1975 TX Gemini Coupe - 1991 VN SS - 2017 VF SS Redline Wagon
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/bucketindustries

Comment

Car Builders do a couple of Underlay foams that are closed cell etc etc. Would have to be better than factory wadding stuff. Are you doing any deadener etc?
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

FYI what you have is not a Group A wheel. You have an Olympic 3, the Group A wheels are a Ghibli 4. Slightly different.
        CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
          Car Builders do a couple of Underlay foams that are closed cell etc etc. Would have to be better than factory wadding stuff. Are you doing any deadener etc?
          I've got some Dynamat lying around which I was going to use on the Gemini. But I've been saying that for years and still haven't... I might look into that.

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
          FYI what you have is not a Group A wheel. You have an Olympic 3, the Group A wheels are a Ghibli 4. Slightly different.
          Oh lame I thought this was a Ghibli :'( Get outta my thread you prick. Now I can't parade around saying this lol.

What's the difference? I've never had two together to compare other than looking at the pics and noting the centre buttons are different.

Comment

Those momo wheels come up on Yahoo Auctions Japan occassionally.
            "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
            (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
            Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
              Those momo wheels come up on Yahoo Auctions Japan occassionally.
              Expensive?

Comment

The centre pad is slightly smaller on the Olympic. Sorry bro lol
                CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought!
                  Imma still people it's a group a.

It can be our little secret...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70OQN_MK5K8

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron View Post
                    Yeah that Momo looks mint. Funny enough it’s the kind of thing I was thinking about (not knowing that they were a factory option).
                    This. I had the exact same wheel on my VN back in 1991. I think I paid $450 from memory which was decent coin back then ! How much was it ?
                    The older i get, the better i was...

Comment

Haha definitely not $450

Comment

Did something today.
                        1 little bit per day etc.

Got a bit stuck actually. I need to move my falcon outta the way so went hunting for a battery and didn't have one that fit correctly

I pumped up the wheels that were on the front and went to put it back on the ground. I've discovered I need a fuck tonne of wheel nuts. I might go and get a full set when the wheels are on it.
                        2 on the passenger side and 3 on the drivers...

The cover blew off ages ago and with all the shit rain and what not the thing hasn't been cleaned (except the drivers door from me shuffling past it) since it came home.
                        Wheels on. Turn key. Fire up. Roll forward.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	627.8 KB
ID:	7135216
                        Proper filthy.

Mowed the grass and drove it onto the grass.
                        Wash accordingly.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	7135217

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	7135218

Jackie was happy with the result although convinced we were going for a drive hung around till I moved it back.

Name:	93411705_552470135678921_7636489914288177152_n.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	7135219

Displeased as you can see. Anyway, what's the point of this update beside nothing. It's obviously been sitting for a few months and the brake pedal was rubbish.
                        Had a look at the pads and they're sad, so I think I'll get the interior back together and then into the brake upgrade.

I got the stuff from Faux Forg there so I'll start on that soon enough.

I pick up a bar mount and the radio plug tomorrow so I'll fit that up and hopefully not have to take it off again. Was pleased to report that all the gauges (except the speedo cause I haven't got that thingy yet) work in the dash as well.
                        It beeps at me now which I think is the overspeed set? It beeped and scared the shit outta me. I also noticed that it's got a check engine light on which is another thing I might have to sus out.
                        I might have to google how to get the ecu into diagnostic mode, from memory the light flashes a number of times to get the error? Hopefully it's something trivial and easy to replace.

Comment

Well this is a bit of a bummer.

I got the plug off a guy wrecking a VN and the plugs all fine. I've wired it up quickly to make sure it works (i.e. one speaker the power, acc, ground and even the antenna plug in).

But works it does not. I've managed to get the thing to power up and adjust the time as you can see but I can't get it to turn on on. Everything seems correct but. I thought even with no antenna plugged in I'd still get static.
                          Nup. Reckon she's cactus? The on off thingo switches on and off no worries and not that it's relevant but old mate reckon it worked perfectly before coming out of the car?

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.5 KB ID:	7135395

I got the bar some what on now as well. I just need to work out how to secure it properly.
                          Grill is just sitting there and the bonnet is open.
                          Had a bit of a cough and splutter to start up as well. I think it needs more than 3-4 mins of idle time.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.51 MB ID:	7135397

Comment

Obviously you’ve got +12v Battery (so the clock keeps running) and a IGN ON or ACC ON feed?

Have you checked the latter? If your wiring was chopped up it’s a pretty common thing for it to be shorted and pop a fuse.

---
                            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

It's got a so so connection on the power but I've fixed that.

Few people suggest a pin code on it

Comment

From memory those things will prompt you for a PIN - I take it yours isn’t doing that?

Comment

Working...
                                X