Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I suppose i'll need to buy a flat brim hat now...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spiller View Post
    Looks like it should be loads of fun. These are a good chassis and with the power and brakes already sorted it looks like youíve got the whole package from which to build on. At what point do the motors go bang?
    id like to know this too. saw a turbo one at the track, custom kit cost over 9k apparently. had over 200kw at the wheels but yeah, when go bang..
    ~~ ‹~~
    ~ (**) ~
    ~~ /\~~
    ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
      165kw. thats holden 5.0 efi power....

sweet looking ride though dude
      No its not injected 304s make between 115 and 130rwkw stock depending on models.
      CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

The sprints on the 30th of March have been canned. I am aiming for Lakeside on the 6th of April instead if you are ready. mine has UEL headers on E85 with soon to be fitted Nitto NT05ís if you want a comparison
        "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by YBS1OW View Post
          id like to know this too. saw a turbo one at the track, custom kit cost over 9k apparently. had over 200kw at the wheels but yeah, when go bang..
          From what I hear the gearbox goes before the engine. Bloke at Wakefield last time I was there was on his 3rd box, went home on the back of a truck with another one gone. Could be a lack of mechanical sympathy of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
            The sprints on the 30th of March have been canned. I am aiming for Lakeside on the 6th of April instead if you are ready. mine has UEL headers on E85 with soon to be fitted Nitto NT05ís if you want a comparison
            Yeah, should have everything sorted ready for the track by then.

Only major concern right now is trying to find quality light JDM wheels that clear the brakes.
            Seems few people have experience with JBT brakes, and the JBT website is useless for dimensions... so I'm relying on measuring clearances, checking like hell with manufacturer specs, and hoping I can get it right when I order new wheels.

If anyone in BNE has access to "18 5x100 wheels in the +35-45 range that are happy to let me test fit them to check clearances - let me know.
            Obligatory skid pic

Comment

I had my red 2012 on Wedssport TC105n, albeit it in a 17 inch.

Looked good. Were light and relatively cheap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1079.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	6617824

I'm surprised these things are blowing gearboxes! Maybe I wasn't running sticky enough rubber but I could never really get the thing to grip at all even with a stock NA motor and decent 245s on the rear. I'm surprised people are actually getting enough traction to kill gearboxes.

Comment

An extra 50rwkw would absolutely transform an 86. But yeah didn't know the gearboxes were an issue either.

Comment

Had a sponsored Facebook post pop up in my feed tonight.. a car dealer flogging performance cars. Look what was among them..
                  https://www.facebook.com/Uwincars/ph...e=3&permPage=1

Comment

Didn't Coyoda/Coyote/Turboyoda offer manly Tremec TR6060 gearbox conversions because of the standard 86 boxes limits?
                    He jerked off with the determination of someone within sight of Everestís summit, having lost all his friends and Sherpas, having run out of supplemental oxygen, but preferring death to failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                      An extra 50rwkw would absolutely transform an 86. But yeah didn't know the gearboxes were an issue either.
                      aren't they basically s15 boxes?
                      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

pretty sure they run the same basic 6 speed that all jdm cars seem to of older era
                        S15, MX5, S2000, Alteza ect just with different front and rear housings and ratios

Comment

Originally posted by Cock Fist View Post
                          Had a sponsored Facebook post pop up in my feed tonight.. a car dealer flogging performance cars. Look what was among them..
                          https://www.facebook.com/Uwincars/ph...e=3&permPage=1
                          Yep - bought it from a dealer, which made me a bit nervous as dealers are normally a red flag for me. It was a one owner car prior to trading it onto the wholesale network, which that dealer picked it up from. Was last serviced by the previous owner in October 2018, so he's only moved it on in the last 4 months. I did try reaching out to the guy after FB stalking him, but no luck yet.

This was just much neater and tighter than the other boosted cars I drove.
                          The turbo variants were quicker by a good margin, but they were all poorly maintained and had issues.
                          Obligatory skid pic

Comment

Originally posted by Smudge View Post
                            Didn't Coyoda/Coyote/Turboyoda offer manly Tremec TR6060 gearbox conversions because of the standard 86 boxes limits?
                            Yep

Comment

Coolant and oil change for the supercharger system today - I suspect it's never been changed since install in 2014, as the coolant wasn't a great colour - and the oil low.
                              Both sorted and looking good.

Encountered another issue today - car is too low for my jacks. I've been meaning to raise it anyway, as the front is illegally low - so will just buy a set of adjustment tools for the coilovers and raise the car up to solve both problems at the same time.
                              Obligatory skid pic

Comment

So a few new parts arrived today:

- Intake was a bargain so picked it up, didn't really need it
                                - Camber bolts, as my coil overs have no front camber adjustment (Tien Street Advance use the factory strut tops)
                                - Gearbox mount to strengthen what is a known weak point when adding more power to them

Still really struggling to find wheels that I can confirm will fit behind the brakes.

I have the dimensions of the brakes in relation to the hub - but most wheel manufacturers don't publish their internal dimensions and clearances.
                                Anyone got some sources on getting some internal wheel dimensions?

Thinking either SSR GTV01's or Work D9R's in 18x8.5 running a 235 tyre - which should be 'enough' grip, but not over-tyre the car for this power level.
                                Obligatory skid pic

Comment

Working...
                                X