Hello darkness old friend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats sick! Nice buy! I had one many years ago, and put a 1J in, some fond memories in that car!!!
    Originally posted by The Property Guru
    don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
    Originally posted by oxy
    No, that's asians
    A80 Supra
    80 Landcruiser

Comment

Finally got time over the weekend and of course it's never a small job is it !?

Plenty of this:

Seats weigh too much mang:

New:

Didn't ruin my marriage and fitted in time - just a few cuts along the way >.<

Comment

Wow, I am really surprised by that price!! Looking good mate.

Comment

So any plans for the driveline?

Comment

Nows a good time to go manual 😉

Been looking around at these lately to as well for the nopics to daily.

Cheap dash, that was a good score

Comment

I had one of these recently, had 390,000kms on it and it never missed a beat....pity they are soooo sloooowww

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                So any plans for the driveline?
                Currently nopics drives this primarily so not quite yet. Got coil overs and brakes in mind next (I mean they are due soon so..) - would love to get a 2GRFSE in here but the tried and tested vvti 1j would be potent enough. nekminnit, labor in power and wants to strip such polluting cars off the road

Originally posted by LB-XP View Post
                Nows a good time to go manual 😉

Been looking around at these lately to as well for the nopics to daily.

Cheap dash, that was a good score
                Have driven a manual one and definitely would consider - there are plenty of dashboards at their warehouse, from when they did a recall for sticky dashboards.

Originally posted by japlish View Post
                I had one of these recently, had 390,000kms on it and it never missed a beat....pity they are soooo sloooowww
                old me is glad that I can drive it in the wet and not be concerned at all lol. My previous MKII Jzx100 was an absolute pig in the rain =|

End result, it did come back together lol - jut the trim around the shifter which I couldn't quite match up so getting a mate to sort it out.

Comment

Folks, does anyone have a repair manual for these?

I have that issue where it's buzzing behind the dashboard and I can't get warm air from climate control as a result. I believe it's the cooling servo (which I recently acquired off ebays).

Can't seem to find any reasonable pics online which show me how to get it out.

Also anyone done a vvti 1j conversion using a JZS171 Crown front cut for these? I hear its meant to be pretty straight forward for the wiring too. Kinda getting bored of the OEM powers..

Thanks!

Comment

pull the glovebox, you can see them there

Comment

Originally posted by japlish View Post
                      pull the glovebox, you can see them there
                      Advice checked out:

Prior to this I had figured out it was the hot/cold control. Thought it'd be straight forward, but of course not. Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't line up hmm side by side comparison.. difference in the arm that connects to the flap..

So swapped the motor out of the new one into the old one. Fixed!

Anyone got hookups for a black steering wheel? also can you swap the rear housing on the steering wheel (cruise control stalk to a non cruise control one?)

Comment

So I managed to find a 4.1 ratio torsen lsd.

PF Brains trust - any issues if I swap in my oem 4 bolt half shafts to this and go about my merry way? I think with the 1GFE it should be fine but would need the 6 bolt if I boosted it.

yay / nay?

Comment

Nihao! So Scott @ Cleveland Exhaust to the rescure - left the car with him yesterday and explained what I found online

Scotty delivers (as always) - swapped the half shafts off the open diff into the torsen and bolted back on with the 4 bolt drive axles. No worries.

Plodding along - nice lil daily nugget.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GfrzDyc.png
Views:	93
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	7073143Click image for larger version

Name:	Mu858iM.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	860.7 KB
ID:	7073140

Click image for larger version

Name:	K5jbzM7.jpg