No announcement yet.

Vs ute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wilwood might do stuff for a 8.8 rear end, like https://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...lg=20&off=3.25 or maybe there mechanical stand alone handbrake caliper

Comment

My ends are commodore now not 8.8, I’m sure I’ll sort something
      I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

Originally posted by bg0013 View Post
        wilwood might do stuff for a 8.8 rear end, like https://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/Br...lg=20&off=3.25 or maybe there mechanical stand alone handbrake caliper
        I used the Willwood handbrake caliper on a rally car years ago, it was fucking hopeless. They may have revised the design since the 90's but fuck me I always made sure it was parked in gear because the Wilwood thing was just there to keep the scrutineers happy.

Comment

Showtime customs sell modded backing plate to have 2 commodore calipers for drift cars..some hydraulic handbrake handles have lockout feature.

Can that be engineered/legal?
          an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Yeah, I’d rather get the factory setup to work, should be doable

Hey WSID, I is ready

Click image for larger version

Name:	BEFB01F4-EA06-416C-A3DB-FB3CB099B575.jpeg
Views:	591
Size:	563.6 KB
ID:	7136424

Comment

I could be wrong, but iirc hydraulic handbrakes arent legal due to potential bleeding down over time.
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Trucks use their air brakes as park brakes

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                  at the risk of being the least qualified person to respond here isnt that because when they lose air pressure they lock on and not turn off like a hydro handbrake would?
                  Originally posted by gerry;n7288577
                  having done my fair share of snorting white powder, made by a bikie in a garage, off a dirty cistern in a night club, means I find the argument about not knowing whats in the vaccine slightly perplexing.

Comment

Hmm maybe

Comment

On the rear brakes & trailer yes - sprung
                      This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                        I could be wrong, but iirc hydraulic handbrakes arent legal due to potential bleeding down over time.
                        correct
                        Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                        my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

when they lose air pressure they lock on and not turn off like a hydro handbrake would?
                          also correct. they are "normally on" and air pressure is used to release the brakes, not engage them. Operating the brakes bleeds air off, causing them to engage (controlled by the valve).
                          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
                          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Originally posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
                            In vic this is 100% correct. IIRC the rally cars have to have the cable one working as well.

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

at the risk of being the least qualified person to respond here isnt that because when they lose air pressure they lock on and not turn off like a hydro handbrake would?
                            This is 100% how air brakes work.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
                              Spring brakes apply spring pressure when the air is released. In Europe they actually park on air pressure alone which is nuts.
                              Originally posted by Einstein
                              The definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting a different result

Comment

China rack arrived today. Seems to move smoothly and freely and rack mount spacing s the same (which is a relief)

Tie rod end thread is different and rack is shorter so will look into VL ends or make adapters to suit the VS ones.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B3AC39B-5934-4605-870D-EB9E1CBE8C45.jpeg
Views:	1199
Size:	551.4 KB
ID:	7137023

Comment

Working...
                                X