Vs ute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#StillWatchin
    This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Keep updating Chuck, I always read it but there's only so many times you can say "top job Chuck"
      Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

I'm watching, enjoy your commiment and level of detail.

Comment

Yep been following for years and will co to use to even if my posting time is limited. Carry on!
          Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
          my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Billet main compared to stock

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D0F2380-F6C9-4DCF-A1BA-505629ED2CA5.jpeg
Views:	284
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	7257877

Fitted pistons to rods (no eyes were harmed)

Click image for larger version

Name:	73B44802-884C-4D94-A82B-66C7E8A03D7B.jpeg
Views:	275
Size:	516.3 KB
ID:	7257878
            I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 8.93 at 142mph

Comment

I don't post or read much but this is one I do always check.
              2002 VX SS GT55 boosted 427 LSX
              2020 Y62 Nissan Patrol
              2001 Land Cruiser - The Beater
              2005 WR250
              + 2 trailers and a caravan.
              I finance the RMS

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post
                Keep updating Chuck I read this thread religiously.
                Yep, same here. Love seeing the progress.

Comment

Keep an eye on the view count after you post, there's a lot of blokes watching!

Comment

Thanks guys

set all the ring gaps today. I tape two feeler gauges back to back with non conductive cloth tape, one at my gap and one to give me 2 thou notice, works well. Set top at 19 thou and second at 24 thou. Just check oil control ring to make sure it’s got >15 thou. Do all the seconds and then all the tops as the tops are harder and it’s easy to mess up how much you remove.

Click image for larger version  Name:	4F238C98-B9CF-4E6A-BD77-347E368D49F6.jpeg Views:	35 Size:	274.7 KB ID:	7258237
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	A815676A-DCA7-4AF2-A65A-8909186BFFE7.jpeg Views:	35 Size:	504.6 KB ID:	7258238
                    Last edited by ALLMTR; 04-06-21, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Is that the baller version of pushing the ring down with a piston?

Comment

Makes things a ton easier. Easier to grip, you can confirm the ring is straight without pulling it out and no tears if I drop it

Comment

Yeah i'd hate to drop a fresh wiseco or similar. Nice work Chuck!

Comment

I've seen them before, but not adjustable. I guess it makes sense they'd exist, I'd just never considered it.

Comment

I buy trinkets when waiting for parts/machine shops

Comment

I'm more of a "while I'm getting these parts from Summit, may as well grab these odd bits" kinda guy.

Comment

Working...
                                X