That Fiat guy bought an MX5

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked it up from having the 4.3 torsen fitted, has made a massive difference. They're right, one of the best mods you can do to a Nb8b. Tow hooks arrived today too.
    Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
      I got it, just meh.
      Apart from you, ya cockwomble.

Just picked it up from having the 4.3 torsen fitted, has made a massive difference. They're right, one of the best mods you can do to a Nb8b.
      That was quick.
      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

good work. if you ever want a hardtop be prepared to get fingered. prices have gone up to 1400 to 2k.

was the service history good? if not, do the timing belt, CAS o ring, rocker cover, water pump etc.
        ~~ ‹~~
        ~ (**) ~
        ~~ /\~~
        ~ mmm...stick boobies~

Comment

Yeah, theyíre silly money. A neatish red one popped up for sale at the GC recently for $1350. Iím tempted but first priority is the basic track ready things.

Wheels turned up to Robís yesterday, the 225/45/15 ar1s should turn up today and be fitted, will pick them up tomorrow morning.

Did the front tow hook last night. That was far harder than it should have been! Could not get one bolt undone no matter how hard I tried on the drivers side factory tow/tie down point. Of course it was the one in the hardest to reach spot. So I took the passenger side one off and mounted the tow hook there. Revisited the other side, after trying a hammer, hooking spanners together, wd40 etc what finally cracked it was squeezing a ratchet spanner in, that gave me enough swivel to get it in the right spot for enough leverage. Well that and calling it a cuntslutwhorebag repeatedly. Will do rear one tonight.
          Attached Files

My Italian 510

Comment

Oh, and removed the driving lights. On the drive home the other night a mounting screw must have backed out of the drivers side one, this caused it to flop down and break the lower plastic mounting bosses. Iíll probably turn them into brake ducts.

My Italian 510

Comment

Wait, how is it youíre making actual progress on two project cars? Thatís not how it works!

These things are great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
                Wait, how is it youíre making actual progress on two project cars? Thatís not how it works!

These things are great.
                Well...I'm justifying this to myself that it isn't a project car, just a track tool. Project cars require lots of fabrication, high maintenance and big jobs that spiral out of control. This is just bolting better suited bits in to a mechanically standard car.

My Italian 510

Comment

I mounted up the rear tow hook last night. And picked up the Advanti Storms from Rob @Tyre City with 225/45r15 ar1s this morning. 5kgs for a 15x8 is pretty fucking good! I also checked out the Crown Ute, thatís going to be awesome!!

The QFM pads are apparently arriving today. So all thatís left to do before my first event mid April is brake fluid, pads and fit the coilovers. Bit of a delay on them as none in the country, should be here within a week.

Stupid question time, being double wishbone front and rear, I wonít *need* an alignment putting new gear in? Itíll be corned weighted with my fat arse in the seat but may not have time before first event.
                  Attached Files

My Italian 510

Comment

if the rideheight is the same, alignment will stay the same...
                    "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

What are you doing about negative camber on the front? You need all the negative camber.
                      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Did the brake pads arrive?
                        '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
                        '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
                        '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

Comment

I bought the master cylinder stopper but sent it back. Doesn't fit with the factory strut brace.
                          I drilled my strut brace added a nutsert and installed an adjustable threaded 'furniture foot' from bunnings..
                          '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
                          '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
                          '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
                            What are you doing about negative camber on the front? You need all the negative camber.
                            This.

Consider Bauer extended lower ball joints as an easy solution for neg camber.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The new nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by rorge View Post
                              I drilled my strut brace added a nutsert and installed an adjustable threaded 'furniture foot' from bunnings..
                              LOL my race car is exactly the same. Well sort off, it's a bolt and nut with a rubber door stopper on the end.

Comment

Did the brake pads arrive?
                                HAHAHAHA, you work for brakes direct now!?

I just removed the brace and took Lightyear's advice.

Re camber, how much is attainable with the standard arms? Is an eccentric bush easily obtainable. Use to running 4+ in my Fiats.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X