Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guido View Post
    HAHAHAHA, you work for brakes direct now!?

I just removed the brace and took Lightyear's advice.

Re camber, how much is attainable with the standard arms? Is an eccentric bush easily obtainable. Use to running 4+ in my Fiats.
    You can generally get -1 to -1.5 with just the standard bolts. Eccentric bushes are known to shift quite badly and need to be pinned in two locations. The far easier option is to run the ELBJs

Its like a 30min mod, and gives an easy -2.5 which works well on the front of these.
    Chris
    ------
    The new nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Great stuff. I do like extra long BJs. Unlikely to have them in for first track day, but will add them to the shopping list. Can probably be done when the car gets corner weighted.
      Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Yeah, do it before you get a wheel alignment and corner weighting.

Im currently using the dual duty alignment from here: https://supermiata.com/miata-race-alignment-info.aspx
        Feels quite good.
        Chris
        ------
        The new nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
          HAHAHAHA, you work for brakes direct now!?

I just removed the brace and took Lightyear's advice.

Re camber, how much is attainable with the standard arms? Is an eccentric bush easily obtainable. Use to running 4+ in my Fiats.
          I was laughing wholeheatedly whilst packing your pads! :D
          '10 Forester Diesel 6Spd - Slow and sensible
          '93 SWB Pajero - Slow but scary
          '89 MX5 B6-T - Scary not slow

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
            Eccentric bushes are known to shift quite badly and need to be pinned in two locations.
            That's weird, I've had them in the race car for like 12 years and never had that issue.
            The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Originally posted by Cal View Post
              That's weird, I've had them in the race car for like 12 years and never had that issue.
              The sheer number of people having issues with them on the various forums indicate there is some sort of issue. ELBJs are much simpler too.
              Chris
              ------
              The new nugget

Comment

im VERY far from being an alignment guru, but why no toe out on the front in the dual and race setups?
                www.holditflat.com

Comment

When mates know about your dirty little secret.
                  Attached Files

My Italian 510

Comment

Holy fuck, the road noise with these AR1s! I pulled over after a few hundred metres thinking they were rubbing. Heaps of clearance everywhere they just sound like an 80series landcruiser on 37 tyres. I guess Im not selling the road wheels and rubber now. A long highway trip would probably send me insane.
                    Attached Files

My Italian 510

Comment

Dump that shit on it's nads ASAP. Looks like you will need to roll the guards.
                      The most dangerous risk of all - the risk of spending your life not doing what you want, on the bet you can buy yourself the freedom to do it later. - Randy Komisar.

Comment

Apparently guards are fine as is on an NB with any more than 1.2 of neg. But I'm buying the extended ball joints as we speak. It certainly looks like it needs to come down some!!

My Italian 510

Comment

Looks like it could be touch and go on the fronts with the 225 AR1s. Making great progress. I really need to get me some ELBJs as well.
                          2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                          2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                          2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Originally posted by rorge View Post
                            I was laughing wholeheatedly whilst packing your pads! :D
                            Probably a good thing I came and picked mine up from the warehouse instead of getting them delivered
                            2015 Skoda Octavia RS162TSI
                            2004 MX5 SE Turbo
                            2016 Toyota 86 GTS (No Pics)

Comment

Needs more lows, otherwise looks great!

This thread would have been funnier if you actually bought an Abarth 124 Spider and insisted on calling it a Fiat.

Comment

I've driven a new 124 and they're a nice thing, doesn't feel like a turbo 1.4, rather an atmo 2.5 or 3 litre motor. But they're not late 20s, early 30s nice. I prefer something disposable like this.

It's getting tight, I away all this weekend, just ordered the ELBJs, the coilovers probably wont arrive until the end of next week and need to do pads and fluid.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                                X