EP3 Civic Type R vtec yo

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes enkie is slightly more expensive but around the mark. Unfortunately they don't do the RPF1 in white.

Albo, I had a look at all of those wheel brands yesterday and it was hard to find anything in similar style and colour to above? TBH not overly concerned about resale but if there's a similar option that's lighter and has a better "street cred" them I'm all ears!

FWIW, stock EP3 wheels are 9.3 kg, rota force is 8.1kg and Enkie RPF1 is 7.3 kg. If you want to go lighter than that it gets into Rays and Advan territory which is $2300 and up, which goes a bit beyond the scope of this build. I'm not sure if a difference of 800 grams unsprung mass on each corner is highly detectable?

Comment

Rpf1 and $140 in white powder coating?
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Powder coating was 3-400 for a full set last time I looked...

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
          Powder coating was 3-400 for a full set last time I looked...
          Fuck time to shop around. Could do ceramic coat instead even.
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

SSR type C?

Wedssport TC105n:

Oz Ultraleggera:

Though I still like your Buddy Club P1 idea. Can be cheap:

I went with RPF1s for my AW11 because they offer an unbeatable combination of cheapness and lightness. Fuck they're ugly though.

Had TC105ns on my 86. They were good.

Comment

^^^ SSR Type C would be my pick of the bunch there, but you can tell that fitment is quite aggressive and that particular wheel looks a bit shit in the flatter style face. Trying to get away from impractical wheel set ups but I'm vein too so looks are important. Should have bought a Mercedes instead. TC105N look good too (lol @ the jdm pose).

Clutch Monkey: yep, just rang two places in Adelaide, first one was $88 a wheel and the second was $100-$120. I seem to remember paying about $100 for a full set 7 or 8 years ago so fuck knows whats gone on there.

Comment

Didn't someone on here have one of these that had an interior fire?
                "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

Silver RPF1 +$300 worth of coke and a $100 hooker for the win.

Comment

^^ that looks (and sounds) good. Where did you find that image? Curious to know the specs as from what ive seen the 8 inch wide wheel has more concave spokes and it looks a bit shit. Those ones above are flatter.

Comment

These are a great car. I sold them as greys when they were near new. Loved them then and do now.

Id much prefer one over a DC5R. And the wheels need to be white.

Comment

White wheels are awesome on a daily

Comment

nice, always liked them and the JDM version gets the diff etc so should be a good drive.
                          Personally prefer the look of the dc5r but hard to argue for a daily.

I think these things are tough to setup suspension wise when lowered?

White wheels are ok on a daily if you get them glass coated, but given on a budget just wash them more often

Comment

Originally posted by spiller View Post
                            ^^ that looks (and sounds) good. Where did you find that image?
                            http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ere-s-the-Beef

From what I could find out:

17x9 +35 wheels
                            245/40 tires
                            F3.2 R2.8 Camber
                            Rolled rear fenders

$100 hooker = yespics.

Comment

I had a white one it was stock with ad08s and I did the standard intake, exhaust, header and hondata. One of the best car I've ever owned, but after a while driving in bumper to bumper it got a bit tired. Sold it to a Chinese P plater, nekminit ad08 + wet roads + touge warrior = uninsured dead ep3. He had purchased mine after getting a cheque from a previous ep3 that was written off.

/Csh

Comment

Originally posted by lonewolf View Post
                                nice, always liked them and the JDM version gets the diff etc so should be a good drive.
                                Personally prefer the look of the dc5r but hard to argue for a daily.

I think these things are tough to setup suspension wise when lowered?

White wheels are ok on a daily if you get them glass coated, but given on a budget just wash them more often
                                I think its due partly to the roll centres really being thrown off if they're lowered too much, but mostly due to the fact that the steering arms are mounted to the lower shock so they're susceptible to bump steer in the front. Roll centre adjusters are cheap and easy and there are also some options for longer steering arms (or something like that). Having a sensible ride height probably helps too! And yes, ceramic coating the wheels is a good idea and I'll probably do that as it's not overly expensive for wheels.

Originally posted by Greasystick View Post
                                http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...ere-s-the-Beef

From what I could find out:

17x9 +35 wheels
                                245/40 tires
                                F3.2 R2.8 Camber
                                Rolled rear fenders

$100 hooker = yespics.
                                Thanks for digging those up. Fairly aggressive, no wonder they look good. I'd have no place running that much camber on a DD though. I've spent hours looking at wheel options in the past couple of days and the rotas tick all of the boxes (apart from them being a desirable brand name) so I'm going to go that route I think. A lot of the expensive Japanese wheels are cast now days and whilst some are flow cast versus gravity, they're not what I'd call super light. It's a personal thing though.

Originally posted by im_boostn View Post
                                I had a white one it was stock with ad08s and I did the standard intake, exhaust, header and hondata. One of the best car I've ever owned, but after a while driving in bumper to bumper it got a bit tired. Sold it to a Chinese P plater, nekminit ad08 + wet roads + touge warrior = uninsured dead ep3. He had purchased mine after getting a cheque from a previous ep3 that was written off.

/Csh
                                Which header did you go with and how much power did you make with those mods/how did it feel? I enquired on a used Hondata ECU yesterday but the seller was adamant I didn't need it unless I was going with a built engine and cams etc. He went on to say it wont be of any benefit with basic I/H/E mods as Honda factory tuning is so good. I would have thought a custom map would still net 10-15kw over stock map with I/H/E?

Comment

Working...
                                X