Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some more bends turned up so started plugging away on the headers

Fairly easy actually, heeeeeaps of room on the rack side so won't have to root around too much!

Comment

Knocked out a bit more tonight. Just need to give one of the runners a love tap to clear the steering rack, other than that they are good to fully weld. I'll flange the ends of them where they are now, because if I make them any longer it's going to be a real cunt taking them in and out (rear set require removing the studs so it will sit in place).

I've still got those turbo bullet doodads, so might weld them up and use them (they are like little merge collectors to help with exhaust gas flow, you weld them onto the end of the 3>1 tube).

Comment

So turns out a V12 conversion is pretty thirsty on cabbage hahaha. Those 4x headers, probably staring at maybe $500 in materials alone to get them to that point (would include flanges on each merge collector). Would prolapse my anus taking it to an exhaust shop and asking them to build the whole thing.....anyway I have to fuck off to Japan for a few weeks so I'll be back in early Feb to continue the journey. Plan is to have this cunt driving and heading out to Dubbo for ToyNats 2020. A bunch of parts are on order currently, still need to buy a bunch of shit when I get back (ecu, fuel pump, some fuel pump related fittings I don't have on the shelf, probably some bourbon to feed to the bourbon bin chicken aka Vito to help with wiring etc).

One thing I'm not sure on.....what the fuck am I going to paint this thing? Was thinking paint the cam covers the same as the car, and intakes just get ceramic coated black? Any other suggestions?

Comment

I'm loving the progress, you're absolutely smashing it!

Originally posted by foamy View Post
          Plan is to have this cunt driving and heading out to Dubbo for ToyNats 2020.
          Oh awesome, I'll definitely have to make it this year then. I did have some naive plan to take the Supra but obviously that ain't happening. I'll bring the Century instead and we can be V12 buds.

One thing I'm not sure on.....what the fuck am I going to paint this thing? Was thinking paint the cam covers the same as the car, and intakes just get ceramic coated black? Any other suggestions?
          Resplendent wrinkle red on the covers, either black or silver on the intakes.
          Norbie!

Comment

Valve covers 2k silver, same color as the car
            Waterblast the intake manifolds
            Black ceramic on the headers

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
              I'm loving the progress, you're absolutely smashing it!

Oh awesome, I'll definitely have to make it this year then. I did have some naive plan to take the Supra but obviously that ain't happening. I'll bring the Century instead and we can be V12 buds.

Resplendent wrinkle red on the covers, either black or silver on the intakes.
              Oh yeh for sure you gotta come out! Would love to see the Century (promise I won't harvest parts off it), although I'm not sure if they are doing a show n shine this year due to the water restrictions etc. Although I'll definitely shout you a beer if you enter it in the khana and drags :D

Suggestions noted

On another note.....those 1GZ valve covers are a cunt to weld. There seems to be fuck all aluminium even in them (they have so little weight, actually when you look on the underside you realise a shitload of time went into designing them). That plate was a cunt to weld on, & really not looking forward to welding the new oil filler neck on but it has to be done.

Comment

Thin, oil soaked and probably some silicon magnesium alloy designed for high quality pressure casting.
                Last edited by dnegative; 13-01-20, 06:29 AM.

Comment

personally i would leave everything natural alloy, and ceramic coat the headers silver too.
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                  The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Would love to see the Century (promise I won't harvest parts off it), although I'm not sure if they are doing a show n shine this year due to the water restrictions etc. Although I'll definitely shout you a beer if you enter it in the khana and drags :D
                    I've already taken the Century to the drags at Dubbo, there's a video floating around somewhere! Haven't done the motorkhana yet, that would be extremely amusing.
                    Norbie!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_-YoE4L25w

Hahahahaha holy shit that's awesome! Not a bad skid out of it either.....
                      Last edited by foamy; 13-01-20, 10:11 AM.

Comment

you need to bring it along just so we can take some actual decent video of it lol

Comment

Well Dubbo is 78 or so days away......

Tipped out my piggy bank and have ordered a Link Thunder. Does dual DBW (blip on downshift would be pretty sick!), has inbuilt dual wideband controllers, a 3 axis accelerometer and so on. So when that shows up Mr trdee is going to lend a hand wiring it up
                          Also ordered a custom tailshaft out of the US (Driftmotion). Single piece, 3.5" steel with R154 bits on one end and IS200 / IS300 diff flange on the other.

Comment

dont forget these https://www.justraceparts.com.au/bos...ideband-sensor

or you can buy from these guys and choose the optional "connector kit" to make connection to the loom easier. it seems they dont have the wideband connectors ready to go on the link looms?

https://www.nzefi.com/product/bosch-...mbda-sensor-2/

Comment

I ordered a pair of these - http://dealers.linkecu.com/LSU49_2

Come with plug & pins so can make it as long as we want :D

Edit: Also need to find a bigger fuel pump that will drop into the factory cradle. I'm guessing a Walbro 255 will slot in, anybody got any other suggestions?
                              Last edited by foamy; 10-02-20, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Yeah 255 will be fine

Comment

Working...
                                X