No announcement yet.

Living life 12 plugs at a time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where it sits on the axle, there is only 2mm between the bolt hole and the axle itself so would need a prettt small washer to make it work.

Comment

Had to order some more bits. Wollongong Auto Supplies is the distributor for Amsoil in Australia so they hooked me up with a metric tonne of oil for the 1GZ. Matty down there also got me some heat shield, a Walbro 460, gearbag oil, oil filer, some rear poly diff bushes, clutch slave, & some throttle body gaskets too. Good blokes, will definitely spill the Amsoil all over my valve covers in tribute.

0 to 60 hyundai

Comment

That many oil bottles looks ridiculous, but it is quite amazing how much oil the 1GZ takes!
        Norbie!

Comment

She's a thirsty beast. Oil filter probably takes 1L too.

More parts trickling in....so turns out poly rear diff bushes for IS200's are cunty to acquire. The later IS250 stuff will physically fit but the offset is wrong for the steel plates so they won't work with the diff. Super Pro make the right bushes....except they only make them for Figs engineering and refuse to sell them locally (which is pretty retarded, especially if someone else decides to make them and sell locally.......). Anyhow I've since sorted that all out, just gotta wait for them to show up.
          Got a crazy good price on 2x sets of IS350 Advics calipers ($50 per caliper shipped). Bloke here - https://www.350phi.com/ sells adapter brackets to make them work on an IS200. Need to run 15mm spacers on the 17" wheels or just go to 18" instead. Have been eyeing off some Lexus F Sport IS350 wheels but probably do that later down the track (maybe....when the car actually runs?).

These are the wheels - https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Full-Set...-/272559316541
          Same sort of '5 spoke' design as the original IS200 ones so should suit the car nicely.

Need to remake the rear heater pipe off the engine so will start on that next + the intakes. Got a pair of k&n 3" pod filters to use.

Comment

Got some rear poly bushes out of Xcessive Manufacturing over in the US......fuckin things are undersize by half a mm lol. Bushes knock around in the subframe. Bought some .25mm shim stock, so will wrap & knock them in. Their instructions say be prepared to sand them down to fit, and are undersize so go figure.

Have made new heater lines. Unfortunately had to relocate the throttles away from the plenums & go back to the Subaru items. Fuck knows what effect that will have? If it doesn't work or creates too many dramas then I'll just make intakes from scratch. Can admit it does looks pretty cool but

Comment

Even though I am mentally scarred by both 1GZ and IS200 projects, I'm keen to see how this ends up.

Comment

Any updates?

Comment

Couple of small updates -
                  Bought some later model IS350 calipers out of Japan. Fkn uuuuuge to say the least. Got some adapters coming from www.350phi.com. Basically lets you use that caliper & IS350 rotors on a gen 1 IS200. Calipers are 4 piston & aluminium & a much better choice vs the LS400 ones everyone seems to go for.
                  Also picked up some IS350 F Sport wheels in 18x8 for the fronts & 18.8.5 for the rear. Needed to clear the these brakes. Needs a bit more low and probably some 45 profile tyres.

Have started making up the little heat shields for the manifolds. Grossly underestimated how much I would need so have some more sheet on the way. Also made up the return line. Lexus actually left space underneath the car for a return line, if yo use 10mm tube it clips straight in. Tube has a 90 degree bend at the back, and a AN6 fitting welded onto each end. Have also put heat sleeve on the brake lines and other places where the exhaust runs close to. Will need to put some shielding on the starter too.

Comment

Good progress! Good to know about that return line.

Originally posted by foamy View Post
                    Bought some later model IS350 calipers out of Japan.
                    Looking at these also, where from and how much were the calipers?

The Slowly IS300

Comment

Might not look like it but this is mostly done now. TPS wiring, O2 sensor wiring, and not much else left to go

Then we need to get it running, make sure everything works, and then rip the loom back out and neaten it all up
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

I am leaning forwards in anticipation.

Comment

TPS done, widebands done, think it's just the two throttle bodies now

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Good to hear you sorted the TPS.
                            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

I've got a big arse can of aerostart, see if it lights off tomorrow

Comment

Anddddd!??

Comment

Working...
                                X