The FWD sickness is strong in me

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the flicking gauge and oil light got the best of me and it was on pretty much constantly one day so bit the bullet and took it back to the dealer.

They changed oil for the proper weight (0w40) - fuck knows what they put into it before and the issue hasnt occurred in the first week of driving.
    Hopefully hasnt caused any long term damage

Mods starting soon, i grabbed a whiteline adjustable swaybar on special as body roll is pretty apparent standard.
    Should have the center resonator removed next week for some more noise
    Looking at a better intercooler and probably get the belts done as they're due next year and i still have the liberty to drive around in the meantime

Really enjoying the car, good blend of fun and comfort so far, be a while before it get on track sadly

Comment

couples of months in and finally got the major service done, not cheap but 10 year interval means i'll never need to worry again.

Engine and torque mounts are starting to go so they're next on the list maintenance wise.
      Rsport intercooler went in along with the rear swaybar - handles with a bit less body roll now so thats nice.

Also picked up a dreamscience mapping tool - only on the perf+ tune (lowest HP) as im not quite ready to replace the clutch....
      Drives a lot smoother than factory but doesnt feel any quicker

Next up im going to need new tyres so will likely go for PilotSport 4's, and some new rims
      Wanted white but they're a pain to clean so maybe these - half inch wider and better offset

Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_wh_40482877.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	7089035

Comment

The DS tune thing is good because it removes the torque limiting. I found this really helped in the first two gears.
        2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
        2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
        I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
          The DS tune thing is good because it removes the torque limiting. I found this really helped in the first two gears.
          Found it smoother but boost is still peaking about 8PSI so doesnt have the punch yet but seems the e-throttle is tweaked as i can throttle blip far easier

Comment

Yeah, I've got a DS tuner for mine. I had to put it back to the Perf+ tune as any of the other tunes were just causing wheelspin in 1st and 2nd at the slightest hint of throttle. I'm also not keen on changing the clutch just yet! I might try again when I get some better rubber on it. The overrun tunes are pretty hilarious, but I was worried about getting reamed by the cops so I didn't leave them on long. I think the perf+ might have got me slightly better fuel economy over stock?

Comment

Originally posted by dahashrat View Post
              Yeah, I've got a DS tuner for mine. I had to put it back to the Perf+ tune as any of the other tunes were just causing wheelspin in 1st and 2nd at the slightest hint of throttle. I'm also not keen on changing the clutch just yet! I might try again when I get some better rubber on it. The overrun tunes are pretty hilarious, but I was worried about getting reamed by the cops so I didn't leave them on long. I think the perf+ might have got me slightly better fuel economy over stock?
              Yeah fuel economy seems to be the same as stock at worst but sometimes a bit better.
              clutch needs to also be able to accomodate an lsd too so it’s a 2k+ endeavour - be nice to have a bit more power but the wheelspin would need diff + decent rubber

hope I get a bit more pop after I take out the resonator

Comment

Yeah you should get more noise without the res, it’s a popular mod. Have you thought about doing the down pipe? It’s a pretty worthwhile upgrade apparently.

Comment

My nopics has been running the Dream Science "stage 3" or whatever they call it tune +supporting mods for 8yrs now with stock clutch

Granted she isnt tracking it and just drives it to the train station.. but ive never felt it slip or anything in any gear under full load

Aftermarket air intakes makes the turbo sound way more awesome than it should on these, id recommend it

Comment

Just don’t use full throttle in 5th or 6th and the stock clutch is fine.
                    2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                    2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                    I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by dahashrat View Post
                      Yeah you should get more noise without the res, it’s a popular mod. Have you thought about doing the down pipe? It’s a pretty worthwhile upgrade apparently.
                      thought about it but might as well go full exhaust if that point.

yohoes: yeah will do intake at some point, may end up doing the RS setup otherwise some carbon bling

Comment

Unfortunately the oil pressure light/gauge issue is still present

Have changed out the oil pressure sender, fresh oil and no codes found (though i need to rescan with Forscan - previously it had a CAN bus issue which was very vague)
                        Was really hot today and got to the point where the guage was pinned at 0 and the light permanently on, car didnt make any strange noises.

Seemed to go up and down over bumps so i think it may actually be the dash which is pretty well known to cause random issues.

Comment

The Performance + tune is a weird one. I ran it on my XR5 for ages and was very disappointed with it as it was apparently supposed to provide a very good increase. Some people say they get good results from it though. I changed my tune on the DS tuner to DSCI and it was a massive difference. So much torque. I ran that one mine for 2 years and no issue from the standard clutch. Issues arise with the clutch if you constantly boost it hard in 5th or 6th gear with a tune.

As for your oil pressure light, I'd give Jamie from OEM Denied a call here in QLD. He's the guru for all things Ford and is very helpful with people having problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
                            The Performance + tune is a weird one. I ran it on my XR5 for ages and was very disappointed with it as it was apparently supposed to provide a very good increase. Some people say they get good results from it though. I changed my tune on the DS tuner to DSCI and it was a massive difference. So much torque. I ran that one mine for 2 years and no issue from the standard clutch. Issues arise with the clutch if you constantly boost it hard in 5th or 6th gear with a tune.

As for your oil pressure light, I'd give Jamie from OEM Denied a call here in QLD. He's the guru for all things Ford and is very helpful with people having problems.
                            Its far more smooth for me and a bit quicker but really not a big difference, i'll try one of the higher tunes eventually but most recommend a 3" exhaust

and yeah i'll be reposting on the facebook group where he frequents

Comment

If you souf of the river pop over and borrow my oil pressure gauge. Put that in and do some testing to help you sleep at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post
                                Just don’t use full throttle in 5th or 6th and the stock clutch is fine.
                                Drove it upto Exmouth a few years back

Wasnt downshifting out of 5th and 6th to overtake cunts at fairly high speed, was all good

I have hear other people say not to do it though

Comment

Working...
                                X