Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Mazda or the CRV?

I have never heard of that before. What in the world would do that?
    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Yeah in the Mazda , was just idling before I had someone coming round to look at buying it and it just goes ďBoom cheeeeeewwwwwĒ. Fuckin coolant everywhere .

So I tip water in and it comes straight out. Remove the housing cos I though the water pump gland had let go and I couldnít see, then I turned the thermostat housing over and it had a huge chunk blown out the side .

This is the life i live every day, exploding. Thermostats , no crv injector pulse on 2 cylinders for no fucking reason, itís all in a day of the life of me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So finally got it to run. Swapped to batch injection to get around the no pulse on 2 or 4 thing.

Have to sort how to wire the rotary idle motor next and it can be driven .

Comment

Nice!
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

Got sequential working . Set base timing .
            Got it running and drove it round the block. Pings its brains out under load even at 10deg but it may require work on the vvti control tuning .

Mates second hand spartan 2 afr meter died after 1 day ( was second hand )so have to wait until Monday new kit arrives to get afr sorted fully .

Progress has been made atleast .

Fitted my new idle control too.........[emoji23] stock cunt of a valve wonít play nice and leaks too much air

Comment

Todayís list done :
              Reset the vvti reference timing
              Added purge valve output and relay setup
              Added knock to eng light output

Sheís ready for new afr meter Monday straight in and start tuning.

First impression is itís seems very sensitive to knock even at 0deg cam advance angle . Have to pull it back to near 3deg at 1000rpm stabs just to remove audible knock.

Might have to chuck some plugs in it I think.

Comment

eBay racing 04 k24a1 Cr-v Manual

Got my new spartan 2 afr kit so Road tuned it this arvo . very knock sensitive from 1000-4000rpm at WOT. Once I got around that it all came out good.

Have got intake runners on from 3k and over 8íí vac.
                Vtec on at 4K
                vvti in closed loop from 1100rpm to 5500rpm at 24deg advance
                12.8-13.0afr
                Car is set as closed loop fuelling under 5Ē of vac and itís only trimming 0-2% from target .
                WOT Timing scales up from 3deg@1500rpm to 20.8 @4000rpm then upto 28.4deg by 7500rpm
                0 knock counts after 3k.
                Tuned on standard unleaded .

The low cam is pretty useless , itís all over by 4500rpm and falling off hard , hence the early vtec actuation point .

Overall very happy with how itís finally tuned up for now and one headache finally sorted .thought about an e85 tune but itís at 78% injector as it is so i donít think I can squeeze an e85 tune out of it as is.

Comment

The final timing screen from last night Itís got this weird knock reading at 3000rpm and sometimes 2500. even with 5deg and a base background knock setting of over 130 it still flickers the light. There must be something rattling in the engine bay, or a bad engine mount or something . Itís def not pinging .

Comment

Great progress.
                    Originally posted by thebluerx7
                    The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

Thanks .

Iím happy with how it drives now, scrabbles for grip in first from 4K onwards which is good for a shitty little heavy NA AWD CR-V[emoji23]

Iím desperate to get it turboed now . DESPERATE!!!

Funds have tightened significantly so will have to wait for now . Wonít take much money to do which is good, maybe 1k or so all going well.

Comment

Good progress!
                        Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Originally posted by rolin7 View Post
                          Good progress!
                          Was it you that had that intercooler ?
                          What town are you in and what did u want for it ?

Comment

I've got a spare one from an R34 GTR if you want it, in Melbourne.

Comment

Originally posted by Komdotkom View Post
                              I've got a spare one from an R34 GTR if you want it, in Melbourne.
                              Will do some measuring and google of size and tank dimensions for one of them .

Ideally itís a same end in and out type one but I reckon I could make a normal cooler work also.

Comment

Going to run the tank down and do a second map on e85 and do some testing on knock levels and general tuning on it since I havenít used it before .

Also scrounging 3 inch pipe from mates to put together a system from headers back for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X