Sir Lord Baron Von Vader Ham (of Cheem)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone who knows more about these than me (basically anyone) fill in the gaps please?
    Year.. model... powerz..etc

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Have a google of E55 AMG W211. Year is circa 2003-2005. Supercharged V8. Respond to mods well. Will run 11ís easy and paint 11ís easy also.

Comment

Had a quick lurk on carsales. If they are as reliable as others have mentioned, they are really good bang for buck.
        If you dont mind interiors that look like they hosted a meth fuelled orgy/ knife fight. There is one on there for 9k.

Comment

9k will be the previous model, a W210. No supercharger and different interior.

Comment

Aaaah fair enough, 9k for a cum stained bunky is probably a bit much then.

Comment

I. Love. This. Thing. Pickshers and road trip roundup tomorrow. Only 3 hours to home, but stopping at Glen Innes for beer, feed and a good nights sleep. 10 hours and nearly 1,000km today, 12.2l per 100km. And very nearly busted going very very fast...

Comment

I think it was this model that you can remove the limiter so the speeding ticket will start with a 3.
                Please find a suitable private road to confirm if this car has this feature.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                  I think it was this model that you can remove the limiter so the speeding ticket will start with a 3.
                  Please find a suitable private road to confirm if this car has this feature.
                  Yup. I like how it looks like it shifts into top gear at 300km/hr

Comment

Haha nice! 200 mph should suffice.

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

So will this have the 722.6 transmission thats the same as the 5 speed Nag 1 in my Jeep?

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

It should be, yes.

In which case I also have a spare one attached to the 6.1 Hemi in my garage.

Comment

OK, let's recap...

Co pilot and I jumped on a plane from Brisbane to Melbourne on Friday morning. We landed at 12.30, had a message from the seller saying he got held up at work, so we hung around at the airport and had a beer.

Took a taxi to his place, taxi driver's EFTPOS machine was bust (this is why I Uber...) so I nicked, with the seller's permission, a crisp $100 note from the stash and therefore ended up paying $50 less for the car. Score!

First stop was to fill it up:

Then we headed up the freeway north to Wagga Wagga. It was on the way there that I got to know just how fucking mental this thing was at accelerating. Had some fun with a Nissan 370Z for about 50km, and I very much enjoyed smashing him repeatedly. This was awesome, until we hit some roadworks. There was a police fourby in the central reservation and as I passed it, it peeled into the traffic. Fuck. A few minutes later we were at the side of the road having been pulled over.

Turns out that a startled member of the public had called us in for street racing. We were asked if were travelling in convoy with another car, I said all the right things and handed my licence over for them to check. The Nissan got pulled up by another police car behind us. We waited. Then as quickly as it all happened, the lovely policelady returned my licence and said that I was clearly in the wrong place at the wrong time and because the car was distinctive we must have been reported in error. She also divulged that the young blokes in the Nissan were not so lucky, but we were free to go... with my heart racing, I pulled out onto the freeway at sat at 110 the whole way to Wagga...

After stopping for some food...

After a very comfortable night in Wagga, Vader told me what to do...

First things first, however...

We decided to go visit Parkes for breakfast, so we rolled out into the dark of the early morning and made some good progress...

Quick stop for a bush wee...

... and then seeing as the road was deserted we did a couple of standing start runs. I won't share the video footage, suffice it to say it's really interesting with TC on (no, I haven't turned it off yet). Build the revs on the brake, release brake and floor loud pedal. For a moment, the TC light goes and the car bogs. But by 45/50 kmh it just fucking launches. TC light flashing like mad, you can feel the car trying to correct itself. I got out of it at 180 and it was still absolutely charging like a fucking demented thing.

So there's a bit thing at Parkes, and we had a look around:

This tray was not wet, said Vader...

Then shortly afterwards we had our first bit of bad news - an error on the dash:

Need to plug an ODB reader in, but I managed to get the code off the dash and continued as normal. If you can't see it, no problem, right?

We also had another police experience... I overtook a dawdling Subaru Forester and because E55 nutbag I found myself doing about 150 by the time I pulled in ahead of him. Saw a car approaching... fuck, I hope that's not a cop... well, it was. I was still coasting down past 120 when I passed him. Shit. Cruise control back on 104, and he didn't turn around but I was shitting myself. 10km up the road, we saw blue and red flashes in the distance. Please no. We cruised past at 103kmh, he didn't follow. I suspect that old mate we passed radio'd ahead and told his colleague to sit there with the lights on to remind us to slow down. It worked, and that's two from two.

A quick rest at Tamworth, then on to Glen Innes...

GI was cold, and very frosty in the morning:

Here we are again...

And then a very uneventful final leg to Brisbane. About 1,800km (800km more than the car has done in the last year), average in the mid 12s per 100km. And home.

Issues...

1. The scratch on the side is worse that it looked, but I'll get it fixed.
                          2. All four wheels have been kerbed, but only lightly.
                          3. Driver's seat won't go back now, but will go forward - suspect the switch.
                          4. That error message about the brakes - need to OBD it to see what it actually is.
                          5. Windscreen washers packed up north of Parkes... will investigate.
                          6. Small squeak from the front LH strut somewhere.

But, cheapest E55 for sale at the time, zero regrets. I love this car.

Comment

Excellent write up on the start of the adventure.

Thanks to PF I no longer fear older cool Euros.

Hopefully the brake error is just a low pad or a top up of fluid.

And that the previous owner doesn't get any letters in the mail from the drive north.

The last couple of trips I did Brisbane to Adelaide I was a little worried about getting a nice picture, especially with the average speed cameras and not knowing if they were just for trucks or all cars.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
                              The last couple of trips I did Brisbane to Adelaide I was a little worried about getting a nice picture, especially with the average speed cameras and not knowing if they were just for trucks or all cars.
                              I still don't know the answer to that one... anyone know? I was pretty careful between the average speed ones.

And I've fixed the screen washer things... turns out the reservoir takes about a thousand litres... I only sloshed a litre in when it stopped squirting. It's now full, and they work again. Woop!

Comment

Great pick up - lots of fasts, comfortable and I think they look great too.
                                Brake warning could be SBC - lots of info online if so.
                                When I bought mine, turns out the water pump for intercooler was playing up - replacing it improved power!
                                Any plans for mods?
                                --------------------------------------------------------
                                1967 Mercedes-Benz 280SE

2004 Mercedes-Benz E55 AMG Estate

Comment

Working...
                                X