Sir Lord Baron Von Vader Ham (of Cheem)

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better hope it is not the SBC, VERY expensive repair. I have my eye on one of these, dream car for me, or an SL55. Very jealous!
    You can undersize the supercharger pulley for even more bonkers power.
    Mercedes has extended the warranty on the SBC to 25 years, but in the USA only. If this does blow, you might have some luck claiming via that anyway. The SBC is rated for around 300,000 brake applications or something, and logs them.

How many kms on the car, what did it cost in the end? Curious to know what I should be budgeting for one.

Comment

Originally posted by enigma9000 View Post
      Any plans for mods?
      Nope, not at this stage, and I doubt I will. It's plenty quick enough as it is!

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
      Better hope it is not the SBC
      Yeah, I hope not. I will hope and pray!

How many kms on the car, what did it cost in the end? Curious to know what I should be budgeting for one.
      Cost was low, would rather not disclose - suffice it to say it was the cheapest for sale and I haggled. I'm pleased with the price paid, but I didn't completely steal it. 122,000km when I picked it up, now 124,000. Full history, new brakes (rotors and pads), new front end bushings, so it's been looked after. Suspect it's been used spiritedly in the past (how could you not?!?), but it's in pretty good nick for a 15 year old car. Some minor things to make better and it needs a really good wash after the long trip home.

Comment

Fair enough Looks like mid 20's to 30's for most of these. Itching to get one myself. Will be following your thread with interest.

Comment

Appropriate number on number plate is appropriate...

Comment

Better hope it is not the SBC, VERY expensive repair. I have my eye on one of these, dream car for me, or an SL55. Very jealous!
            You can undersize the supercharger pulley for even more bonkers power.
            Mercedes has extended the warranty on the SBC to 25 years, but in the USA only. If this does blow, you might have some luck claiming via that anyway. The SBC is rated for around 300,000 brake applications or something, and logs them.

The SBC is not that expensive these days. A new/rebuilt unit can be had for US$1k and fitting can be DIY if you have a STAR setup.
            I've seen it quoted as costing AU$14k to replace 10 years ago, but it's nothing to fear anymore.

Ha, well done on the number plate

Comment

LOL by the time I'd read the return trip story I remembered why I no longer have a boosted German V8, with our speed limits they are useless.
              " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Fault will more than likely be the SBC unit...
                Have heard of tools that exist to reset them......found here......https://www.ebay.com/itm/OBD-SBC-res...-/111982454957

Comment

SBC faults usually show in red on the display.

This is likely to be a brake pedal switch (most common reason) or a brake pad sensor playing up.

Comment

Yeah, will scan for codes soon.

Meantime, I did 60km of city driving yesterday... 18.5 per 100. Unbelievably, thatís not much worse than the E34...

Comment

Wow she drinks! But I'm sure you've been enjoying the loud pedal too. I think the 1JZ cressy used to drink similarly.

Comment

clearly that lackluster fuel economy could be cured by forcing more air into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neeek View Post
                          Yeah, will scan for codes soon.

Meantime, I did 60km of city driving yesterday... 18.5 per 100. Unbelievably, thatís not much worse than the E34...
                          I think you're still enjoying the go pedal a bit much
                          When I bought mine from Damo it showed a long term average of 13.6L/100k.
                          I've not since achieved anything like that however

Comment

Originally posted by Neeek View Post
                            And then a very uneventful final leg to Brisbane. About 1,800km (800km more than the car has done in the last year), average in the mid 12s per 100km. And home.
                            lol even my RX7 averaged 10.8 on that drive. You must have been a hooligan

Comment

LOL even my old shitbox with it's electric fuel sprinkler system gets around 15, admittedly it's not as fast though. :p
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                                LOL even my old shitbox with it's electric fuel sprinkler system gets around 15, admittedly it's not as fast though. :p
                                Nor does it weigh 4000lb+

Comment

Working...
                                X