replied
    Drove this over the mountain on sunday.
    Woo hooo.
    That is all.

Leave a comment:

• I'm DJ!
    replied
    Originally posted by Guido View Post
    I have an Icarsoft mate, will check out the specific model and see if it will work. Welcome to come over for a beer and we'll test it.
    Drop by mine while you're local. Sam is 5 mins from me.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I have an Icarsoft mate, will check out the specific model and see if it will work. Welcome to come over for a beer and we'll test it.

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    Get an iCarsoft MB II or preferably a Autel DS708.

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/mercede...-need-to-know/

If you have a Merc they are indispensable.

Leave a comment:

• albo
    replied
    Originally posted by Neeek View Post
    Wot? Really? Iím pretty sure their scanners wonít talk to the SBC or suspension systems, but... I would never have thought they could do that...

Iíve taken all sorts of cars there and theyíve been able to scan them, my local does it for free if you donít get a print out(I just take a photo of the screen on my phone lol), wonít hurt to try assuming you have a store nearby

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/se...nd-diagnostics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Neeek
    replied
    Originally posted by albo View Post
    Go to your local Super Cheap Auto and they will scan it for free so you can get the code - Have done this many times here in VIC
    Wot? Really? Iím pretty sure their scanners wonít talk to the SBC or suspension systems, but... I would never have thought they could do that...

Leave a comment:

• albo
    replied
    Go to your local Super Cheap Auto and they will scan it for free so you can get the code - Have done this many times here in VIC

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    Excellent

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Neeek
    replied
    Originally posted by PXL265 View Post
    So now the bimmer is forgotten and abandoned????
    Temporarily, yes. Itís up at my parents place. Coming back down in two weeks when I move to a place with garage space for 3...! Then the order of things shall be fix up anything wrong with Lord Vader and then rip into the BMW and show it some love.

Leave a comment:

• Greasystick
    replied
    Nice daily, well done!

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    Fuckin love this thing

Leave a comment:

• PXL265
    replied
    Excellent....

So now the bimmer is forgotten and abandoned????

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Neeek
    replied
    Small update on this thing... still loving it.

I have yet to find the time to plug it into a STAR diagnostic thing because I'm super busy. I did buy a generic code reader to see if it would talk to the multiple computers in the car, and it can see all of them but only wants to talk to the ECU and the SRS/ABS modules. So that didn't work. I kind of knew that might be the case.

Bought a new brake pedal switch in the hope that it would make my brake warning thing go away. It didn't, but was worth a shot for $30.

Then I got hold of a new outside temp probe to see if that was the cause of it reading 85* outside. Nope - must be the wiring. So I'll have to take the bumper off at some point to trace it back.

I need to do this job for two other reasons as well - first, one of the front parking sensors is beeping when there's nothing there. Second, I was filling it up the other day and saw something yellow in the front grille. This was lodged in there:

And of course, it shoved the mesh back a bit, which I can only get back into the clips with the bumper off:

Also bought a new key (it only came with 1 which was held together with spit, sticky tape and dreams and sometimes didn't want to lock the car) from Mercedes Brisbane, which was eye-wateringly expensive for what it is but it works so that's good.

And two weeks ago the battery went flat - was reading 6v. A new one went in and has been fine since. I don't think there are any power draws when the car is off, and the alternator charges fine, so I think it just shat the bed as they sometimes do. No idea how old the old one was. Here's a nice man called Chris who brought me a new one shoving the new one in the boot:

And it went to a very wet C&C earlier this month and Cal papped it:

Still getting about 18 or 19 per 100km around town because I can't resist the power. I've done more than 3,000km in this thing now, of course a fair chunk of that was the trip home. And there's a clunk from the front right - suspect a ball joint or something. I will investigate this further in the next few weeks. Also, I will turn off the TC when I hit the countryside in mid August for a weekend away and report back on how long it takes to destroy the 265 Pirellis...

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    11s isn't too bad! Interesting to see how one would stack up against a CLS55 which is a very similar car, just 40% stiffer frame.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Originally posted by Neeek View Post
    Freeway fuel economy is pretty bloody good, actually, considering this is a 2-tonne barge with a supercharged V8. On a long run you'll see under 11 per 100 if you flick the cruise control on and don't whomp it past dithering motorists. Which is nigh-on impossible, because reasons.

Around town I seem to be averaging about 17.5 or so, which is sedate cruising at the speed limit interspersed with stabs from the lights. Also because reasons.
    You're still getting far too many kms/mm of tread ware though.

For shame.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X