Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sir Lord Baron Von Vader Ham (of Cheem)

The last time I bought a car it was something I had never driven before, sight unseen, from a bloke in Sydney. I paid a whopping three grand before driving it straight back to Brisbane. It was an eventful trip which involved me stealing $50 from Marv (his money clip was breathtaking), signing paperwork in a very swanky house that overlooked Middle Harbour, two weird overheating episodes, no dinner, the purchase of some obscure coffee-flavoured beer in Artarmon, and (surprisingly) not calling a tow truck just north of Newcastle.

While I attend to some things on the BMW, a need exists for another set of wheels. I test drove a Subaru Liberty turbo thing, and it was OK, but it didnít quite have enough shove. I also drove something else leftfield and I had to very sternly talk myself out of buying it even though I really liked it.

So I have bought a car in the same manner as the BMW, because itís more fun that way. I have never driven one of these before. Key differences this time are that thereís a smidge more money and distance involved, and I no longer need to ask anyone for permission (hooray!). One way plane ticket booked for Friday this week, drive the bastard back to Brisbane over the course of the weekend. We all like an adventure, amiright? Iím so excited Iím having trouble sleeping.

Clues Ė itís black on black, has 4 doors and the engine has 24 valves. Iím told theyíre rather good. You will all no doubt be terribly disappointed (as you were last time - I havenít forgotten...) when you find out what it is in three pages time after Iíve broken down 47km south of The Middle Of Fucking Nowhere.

Do your worst, PF.

Dacia Sandero
    Turns out, far too much has been written about great men and not nearly enough about morons

Originally posted by seedyrom
    my neighbours called the cops...... not because of the sound of me working in the garage was too loud, but because i taped a cardboard box to my back, covered my self in vaseline and pretended i was a snail on their lawn

Comment

Sir Lord Baron Von Vader Ham (of Cheem)

Some kind of six cylinder eurotrash
      Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
      Originally posted by nutttr
      People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

soarer
        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

W124 mercedes? hope you packed a spare head gasket

Comment

T6 powered Volvo.

Someoneís done their dough fixing the head gasket and turbos only to discover the ecu and abs controllers are fucked, and the pedal sender, and the wiring is decomposing.
            ---
            Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
              Some kind of six cylinder eurotrash

Hrmm.. Supra... Maybe.

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
              2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Having just recently purchased Uncles Cayenne in the same manner and driven it on a UVP to QLD, I whole heartedly endorse this trip. Godspeed.
                I'm not straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer.

Comment

6 cylinder subaru?
                  "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

JZX90

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
                    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Or Maybe Aristo?

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
                        W124 mercedes? hope you packed a spare head gasket
                        if it's as slow as Cal's, he'll need more than a weekend to drive it home...
                        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

If this is a Soarer I'm going to be so disappointed
                          AutoMotif

VC Valiant

Comment

4 door Soarer?

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Knowing you, definitely a 2005ish Ford Falcon RTV v8.
                              Attached Files
                              Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Working...
                              X