Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1k shitbox fleet

One of those old office arguments about who could buy a better shitbox turned into reality when my workmate showed up on Monday with a $1000 2000 Volvo S40 turbo. It's the 147kw 1.9 4cyl banger, would go alright if not for the blown front shocks and fingered front engine mount.

Realising that I now had to go find something to compete with his shitheap, I managed to find a 2000 model Celica with the 2ZZ-GE. Unfortunately (like most low end purchases) mine has the unfortunate problem of being previously owned by a junkie who decided to have it doused in chameleon paint. *But* it comes with a full packet of Oxycodone and a margarita blender so it's not all bad news. Here is a photo of me shamefully inspecting it.

So basically the plan is to run them both at Luddenham, EC drags, and find a motorkhana to compete in. Have not decided what the loser will have to do (owning these cars is probably punishment enough). May relegate mine to the nopics assuming it survives. The Swedespeed needs some 2nd hand shocks so it doesn't roll off the track, the Celica needs the brakes bled and interior checked for syringes so once that's done let the games begin.

This gonna be good....😂👍

Comment

Change the celicas oil. Theyre very sensetive to it.
      Originally posted by Marv
      Only be concerned if that Dunning-Kruger Motorsports bloke is there and goes all Captain Damphands McGigglefingers on you after a couple of lemon squashes....

I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
        Change the celicas oil. Theyre very sensetive to it.
        Yeh will give it a once over, new fluids etc. Might even pop an oxy down the oil filler

Comment

The chameleon cunt box arrives on Saturday, plan is to drop some of the included oxy and go over it.
          No joke, its fucking ugly on the outside. Its fast and furious, need for speed and sex spec all rolled into one ugly fucking package, owned by some woman who loved it so much she dumped it on the side of the road.

Comment

Oh i like where this is going...
            Looking forward to the celica maccas tray vids.

Comment

This is like lemons but without spending $5k putting the safety shit in it. So good

Comment

The Celica was $1200, it fired up first go and Foamy sedately drove it around the underground carpark so it cant be too bad mechanically.
                It was full of clean looking oil, looked ok under the oil cap and there was a service sticker on the windscreen that suggested the paint job didn't completely financially ruin the previous owner.

Its got a sports exhaust so its going to be fast.
                Assuming it doesnt blow up I think we are going to hock what we can (has decent wheels/tyres on it) off the car, pull the motor/box to sell and scrap the rest. 2ZZ-GE's are not the hottest things around but there is a bit of a market for them.

Comment

Nice, plans for bodgo mods, or race as they are? May i suggest a cunt load of nos.

Comment

This is basically my dream

Comment

Originally posted by The Panda View Post
                      This is basically my dream
                      did you pop a tab of acid before bed?
                      1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                      The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Don't even once change the colour or look of the outside.

Needs more underglows.

Please.
                        If I knew where they were I'd give you my old ones.
                        BF XR6T - TE Sedan - 75 TX Coupe - Atlas SS - VF SS Redline

- PSN: rotacoupe

This is obviously assuming all your AUX outputs are doing something. Ie idle control, and the other does water spray, and the other updates your Instagram automatically etc.

Comment

Haha. This will be good!

Comment

Originally posted by Euronymous View Post
                            Nice, plans for bodgo mods, or race as they are? May i suggest a cunt load of nos.
                            I ordered a Swedespeed sticker from the UK for old mates Volvo. He bought some stick on racing stripes. The celica is race ready IMO it has the quick looking paint job :D Yeh no mods, TBH I think both vehicles will be lucky to complete the tasks ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                              did you pop a tab of acid before bed?
                              Does nobody else ever dream of buying a sex-spec adidas chariot and just hating on it? I always browse gumtree for ex-showcars.

Comment

Working...
                              X