Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Luxury" Lapper - VS Statesman

So, with a stack of my car mates recently getting in on the old Commodore/HSV craze, I've been lamenting in a couple of group chats I wanted something that I could jump into for a cruise once a month to a cars and coffee deal. One of the first cool cars in my school age group was a kid with a VS Stato, gold, lowered on wheels, dark tints. As a 17 year old it gave me wood.

As anyone does these days, searching gumtree/fb gets you all excited, then I quickly have to remember I have a wedding and honeymoon and home upgrade coming and thoughts of fun subside and that I need to be sensible for the next year before committing to something.

Tonight I was at an event, and my phone blows up, but can't check it immediately. Finally get a chance to get a look at things, to find out I am now the owner of this.

Don't fret - only on a tow truck as one person collecting. The group collectively decided it was the right deal on my behalf, and nothing like some peer pressure to convince you to do something, so here we are!

What I know so far.

The good

- S2 VS
    - Healthy V8
    - LSD
    - Box has shift kit and cooler, appears healthy and was more for country towing than ripping skids
    - Full exhaust
    - Immaculate leather
    - Straight
    - Service history and appears to be genuinely 230 000km - country car.

The bad

- Roof needs paint
    - Needs rear garnish, this is one is cracked
    - Needs handbrake boot and shifter surround
    - Steering wheel is a little sad
    - Has some junk pod filter on it so need an airbox

That is it fundamentally - it just needs a few bits that any 30 odd year old would.

Plans?

- Booked in for paint next week.
    - Some wheels and a little lower. And really, for now, that is it. Probably Calais International wheels - would love VS Senator ones but hard to find and a pretty penny.
    - Take it for a lap every once in a wheel and probably do some skids so I can feel like a younger version of me again.

I'll get some better pics once it's had a clean!
    Originally posted by brasher
    TJ is 99% African American.

So thats what the Skid factory 304 is going in! /i
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Hell yeah, looks like a great place to start.
      VS Senator wheels will look perfect on that with a bit more low.

Comment

That is cool. 😊
        Originally posted by Jim
        the only decent six pot holden ever put in a car was the nissan RB30

Comment

Nice. Always had a soft spot for these. Sounds like a good plan of attack.

Comment

Cool, turbo on order hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by BigMuz View Post
              Cool, turbo on order hopefully
              Given what it is and it's never going to be a supercar it needs a period correct vortech blower for that 30kw kick.

Comment

Originally posted by TJ View Post
                The bad

- Needs rear garnish, this is one is cracked
                They're all cracked. Usually bottom right corner. I think the Series 3 ones hold together a little better, or might just be they're usually a couple years younger. In any case they look much better.

Comment

Top right in this case.

Seeing what some people want for them this morning has been .... Interesting.

Comment

LSD, full exhaust, pod filter, and the modded trans is "for towing"? Who you trying to convince, us or yourself?
                    Just poking, nothing but respect for the bogan chariot

Comment

Haha it's what I said.

Bought from an older gent and it's on country plates so who knows.

Unlike the multitude of shit talkers on the FB groups it certainly isn't a one owner 120km car "eoi for swops pm me"

Comment

Top right in this case.

Seeing what some people want for them this morning has been .... Interesting.
                        The surround of the electric seat base is completely trashed in every Caprice as well. Shame that 2 of the things unique to the LWB cars are so fragile.

Comment

Case in point.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...9071213722808/

Was fairly keen on that, then get this from a mate

"Ok... Well most of this ad is utter bullshit 😂
                          This car had 260,000kms on it when I owned it and the LCD screen stopped working so someone has changed the cluster out.

Not sure what 15k worth was spent in the log book or where that one came from but it most certainly didn't have full service history as I always serviced it myself.
                          It had pacemakers and a full 3in system on it. I was the second owner of this car from a couple in their 60s and I bought it from Sorrento.
                          Adam Sweeney owned the car after me and sold it to someone else so if that wasn't you then whoever sold you the car has told you a lot of bullshit.
                          The picture from Adams front lawn and the mark on the rear qtr gives it away that it was my one. I have an old video on YouTube of it you can see the same mark "
                          I know it's the 2019 scumtree seller way but does my head in.

Comment

This is excellent! Watching with interest.

Comment

That is it fundamentally - it just needs a few bits that any 30 odd year old would.
                              They're not quite that old yet are they? lol
                              Haven't seen one that clean/un-flatbrimmed for a while.

Comment

Working...
                              X