No announcement yet.

Iggy "Sport"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on many forums over the years but VSMR isn't ringing any bells.

Comment

it turned into supermotoaus in the later years, maybe just someone with a similar name.
      GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
      VF2 Redline Ute
      E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

did a rough job with the tape measure last night, 10mm variance between wheelbase side to side. does sound like the caster is off by the amount the alignment rack suggests.

will bust the strings out tonight to confirm.

hmm. this isnt ideal.
        VF2 Redline Ute
        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210805_204040.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	193.2 KB
ID:	7278675
          reckon it could sneak into the 15s with a better 60ft.

Another alignment tomorrow morning to confirm issues.
          VF2 Redline Ute
          E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Name:	20210806_170347.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	2.32 MB
ID:	7280780 15x9 +36 fits under the front with no spacer. This is only a 205 wide a052 tbough but a 225 would be possible.

Dumped The fronts down to 10psi and got into the 15s with dragy.

Name:	20210808_133822.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	199.6 KB
ID:	7280782
            Attached Files
            VF2 Redline Ute
            E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

nugget crew got a mention on speedhunters. reckon that one of the last runs before i bent it.

There's Always Room For A Nugget - Speedhunters
              VF2 Redline Ute
              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

nice write up!

How is the chassis looking?

Comment

That video was slightly terrifying! Always loved the iggys when I was younger, such a cool little nug

Comment

Nice one on the Speedhunters feature... and personal reference!

Comment

chassis is now pretty close, i think i'll need an adjustable panhard now as it looks slightly off.

yeah! it was certainly a moment!

i expect the value of iggys to skyrocket now, but we will have to wait and see.

havent been able to find another one (want one to just park up and make nice).

just purchased 22mm rear swaybar from WhitelineUK even though WhitelineAus was unable to source it. Hopefully they dont cancel my order for any reason.
                      VF2 Redline Ute
                      E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

rear swaybar didnt make a huge difference to the balance. i think i need more spring in the front. initial turn in is nice and sharp now but once under a good amount of lateral load it goes into burying the outside front. inside rear is well in the air. at winton it carries the inside rear for the entire sweeper a long way off the ground.

saw this post on grassroots motorsport today which basically sums up my issue.

already running a fairly substantial front spring (11kg linear) but i think the issue with trying to make an ignis work is the roll moment is large, requiring a spring rate that is higher than you would otherwise think or fit to similar mcpherson strut FWD shitboxes. my other option is more front bar but with no LSD im not sure that is a wise choice. i think a cruze front bar is slightly bigger and "should" fit if i can find one close at a wreckers.

VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Thats sick, 15s in that nugget is quick as!
                          Originally posted by The Property Guru
                          don't haemophrodites generally have tiny wangs?
                          Originally posted by oxy
                          No, that's asians
                          A80 Supra
                          80 Landcruiser

Comment

I went the other way and jacked the rear spring rate up compared to the front, it used to roll onto the outside rear, car weighed 865kg and i ran 7k front and 9k rear

Comment

i did consider going more rear spring and still might, however the dimensions of the spring i need is uncommon from what i can tell. i think i can get something from eibach. currently 8kg rear with the bar, 11kg front.

drives nice until heavy lateral load where it buries the outside front. its setup with -3 in the front and still taking the shoulder off reasonably heaviliy.

what also happens is say around the sweeper at winton i am getting wheelspin in 4th because the inside front is so light, with the inside rear off the ground. my logic is to make the outside front happier first.
                              VF2 Redline Ute
                              E36 Track Nugget Project

Comment

Working...
                              X