Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lotus things

Well the starlet is going to a new home soon so I have a 2007
    elise to take its place
    the plan is to be the track mule without being too defectable and a nice place to be

only a 1zz but I already have a large list of mods ready to
    fit in the new year

a set of 46mm nitrons, big baffled sump, catch can kit, TRD airbox and new intake pipe, ecu masters ecu, brake pads
    and some larger tyres

it already had tow hooks, upgraded toe link kit and radiator, fire extinguisher and some team dynamics wheels

Click image for larger version

Name:	3D0413AA-297F-41D9-8AD0-053E81464733.png
Views:	690
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	7100503

Click image for larger version

Name:	68DD27F3-FCB9-4603-B4F8-83089F2E1C8B.jpeg
Views:	692
Size:	193.6 KB
ID:	7100502
    Attached Files

I too can't stop looking at these, Toyota engine and box seems like many less headaches. Only has 2 less seats than what I need.

Comment

Can I suggest that while playing with the suspension, you also check the ball joints and bushes, my 2004 Elise, they were all stuffed.

And replace the rear toe link, if original, bad things happen if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrrrr View Post
        Can I suggest that while playing with the suspension, you also check the ball joints and bushes, my 2004 Elise, they were all stuffed.

And replace the rear toe link, if original, bad things happen if you don't.

cheers

Double shear upgraded toe links already done

I’ll go over the rest of the suspension when I have a chance to fit the coil overs

Comment

Originally posted by MVLUV View Post
          I too can't stop looking at these, Toyota engine and box seems like many less headaches. Only has 2 less seats than what I need.
          I have been lusting after a 111r for years but they are still out of reach

this should hopefully have just enough poke to keep me happy for a bit

it’s easy to put up with less power if it handles and brakes

Comment

Nice buying.. I had that one in my saved cars and on carsales

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Didn't know these had 1zzs too, odd engine choice by lotus, I find mine torquey enough in the corolla (although that isn't the only reason it likes dropping single peggers) but not as enjoyable as my old 4AGE in the previous corolla.

Maybe turbo it. Nice colour!

Comment

It’s no the key but it has enough torque to pull it up hills and out of corners ok

i can’t wait to get it to the track, I’m guessing I won’t be faster than I was in the starlet straight up but we will see I guess

Comment

i mean its no starlet but it will do i guess
                  1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                  The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Ha, saw your post about this on AE but didn't make the crazy starlet dude connection!

You'll love it. Such good fun on track, though I've not driven a 1ZZ version. Itd just be missing the top end scream of the 2zz, but would probably be better for mid range torque.

Comment

I am covering my arse at the moment by only ordering stuff that will work on a 2zz as well

Comment

Nice pickup, didn't realise that was your starlet saw the for sale ad on facebook looked like a very well sorted car.
                        If in doubt power out

Comment

Originally posted by Rona View Post
                          Nice pickup, didn't realise that was your starlet saw the for sale ad on facebook looked like a very well sorted car.
                          Yep it’s a good little thing but had reached the end of reasonable improvements so the lotus is the next step but still
                          with the same philosophy

Comment

Has Russell officially left? I never thought I'd see the day.
                            Keen to go for a run in the Lotus after I get back from NZ, did you get the dbw sorted?

Comment

Deposit paid on Russ, being picked up on my return from tassie

no chance to look into DBW since it happened so I’ll dig deep
                              when I get back

Comment

Working...
                              X