Lotus things

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many VNs and broken fish tanks has he offered?

Comment

Originally posted by Komdotkom View Post
      How many VNs and broken fish tanks has he offered?
      It was the 6 star pickets that sealed the deal

Comment

What kind of dollarydoos are these things nowadays? If you don't mind me asking.
        i used to absolutely froth on them after discovering them in Gran Turismo 3 way back when, in orange plz.
        fantastic looking car, imo one of the best ever.

Comment

I was thinking about the hybrid engine that puts the 1zz crank in the 2zz bore but I reckon going the other way and turboing the shit out of it would be more fun.

Comment

Originally posted by 138ci View Post
            What kind of dollarydoos are these things nowadays? If you don't mind me asking.
            i used to absolutely froth on them after discovering them in Gran Turismo 3 way back when, in orange plz.
            fantastic looking car, imo one of the best ever.
            Mid to high 30s will get you a decent Toyota engined ine

a 2zz Elise is another $10k and exiges seem to start
            in the mid 50s and up

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post
              I was thinking about the hybrid engine that puts the 1zz crank in the 2zz bore but I reckon going the other way and turboing the shit out of it would be more fun.
              The long stroke 2zz would be a good thing i reckon

best of both worlds

Comment

If you need bits, I’m sitting on a bunch of stuff, otherwise have pretty decent connections with most UK/EU suppliers of good stuff.
                Mit freundlichen Gre

Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

turbo 1zz's are awesome... I've got one that has been running around for 10 years now, initally had a WRX TD04L, how has a kinugawa TD05 upgrade on it. Almost doubled it's power to the wheels on 9psi with the TD04 on 98

Comment

i wonder how much better/worse the chassis is on these compared to the S1s? S1s seem to go for a fair bit less, maybe less enough to buy one and swap the rover K for a K24....
                    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - project #1 | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - project #2

Originally posted by Walt Kowalski talking like a crazed hobo
                    The major arrests will start from 1st January 2019.

Comment

Chassis is same/same really from S1 to now. Not need to change it. It ain't broken... rear subframe that bolts to end of alloy chassis rails changes between Rover and Tojo engine cars. The extra weight in a S2 onwards car comes from making them more robust and livable, like uprights, wheel hubs/bearings, brake discs made from iron (not alloy), things like A/C and on it goes.

S1 (a good one) is not cheap and not going to get cheaper. Good news is depreciation is done and dusted for S1 / and some S2 cars essentially. Not to say you won't have to spend money on it, they're getting pretty old now, but cars soak up money whichever way you play the game.

As for Honda K series swap job (K20 screamer - expensive!, or K24 ex accord euro - much cheaper, torquier bet for street or budget track use) none of that is easy or cheap. You'll say goodbye to 15k easy for a K20 swap, not hard to do $20k if not careful. So it's not cheap anyway you look at it. Lotus never are cheap, but you get something that is not like other cars, in a mostly good but sometimes bad way!

Comment

As above plus I don’t fit in a S1 lol

Comment

Nice one! I'd recommend an engine mount / gearbox mount kit, too. Lot of movement in those bushes under hard shifts and acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by BLO 767 View Post
                            Nice one! I'd recommend an engine mount / gearbox mount kit, too. Lot of movement in those bushes under hard shifts and acceleration.
                            Sweet, I have some inserts to chuck in the front and rear bushes which will hopefully help

Comment

Bookmark eliseparts.com and elise-shop.com if you haven't already. Good service and prices on original and aftermarket parts for early Elises.

Deroure.com is great resource for original parts and has all parts diagrams. They are part of Bell & Colville which is a major Lotus dealer in the UK.
                              If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Banzai View Post
                                Bookmark eliseparts.com and elise-shop.com if you haven't already. Good service and prices on original and aftermarket parts for early Elises.

Deroure.com is great resource for original parts and has all parts diagrams. They are part of Bell & Colville which is a major Lotus dealer in the UK.

awesome, cheers

Comment

Working...
                                X