XM Falcon Coupe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah start on the non visible bits - and work up confidence.

looks like you cut out rear floor pan?

Maybe pay some one to make the rear windscreen sections and weld in yourself.
    A
    few guys on face book di that sort of stuff. - dont ask me who though
    Last edited by 9triton; 15-05-20, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post

looks like you cut out rear floor pan?

Not yet, I think it’s the angle of the sun.

"Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

I feel your pain. I was cleaning up the underside of my fbird last night and watched as the wire brush dug out the nice smooth bog finish from the bottom of the frame rail to reveal another rust hole. I was already replacing part of the frame rail, so another 150mm isn't a huge issue. I need to waiting until Rockauto has the fancy shaped parts in stock, and get some sheet steel to try re-create the simple parts. There's a fair bit of bog in the rear guards that I'm going to just pretend isn't there.
        I'm not straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer.

Comment

Bugger! It’s not a nice feeling creating a mountain of bog dust from a smooth looking panel. Just keep plugging away I guess a bit at a time
          "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Actually these dudes in maroochydor do panels to order ..may help..

Retro rods custompanels
            http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3...JIPccZgb-NAxxQ

Comment

Thanks for the link will give them a call. I haven’t done much this weekend the interest of marital harmony. However ‘tidying up’ was deemed acceptable activity so I whipped this up...

Click image for larger version

Name:	2A9C281F-5B94-4AD4-81F7-5ABC9E5A72DE.jpeg
Views:	351
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	7144215

much better then having the hanging panels lying around and I still have room to open the cupboards and get around the back.

Comment

Always liked these. Continue.
                General Flynn just took the Q oath!
                I’ve had WWG1WGA in my PF profile for 32 months & been mocked mercilessly here by shills, useless idiots and people too lazy or too stupid to critically analyse USMIL Q
                https://twitter.com/genflynn/status/...200849409?s=21

Comment

A bit more progress. Dropped some welding splatter on a few surplus holes in the engine bay and prepped and painted these bits with rustoleum subframe black. I really like the spray on prep wash. Thanks Scotty!

Click image for larger version  Name:	2EDF3A01-DF7C-48E7-905F-90CAB28416D6.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	1.74 MB ID:	7145233
                  felt good to see some new paint on the old bird. Also did some of the front it it didn’t photograph so well. I left the top ready for primer and smoothing as it’s the part you will see.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.32 MB ID:	7145235

also this is what was hiding behind that rectangular piece of bog.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	7145236

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Cliffordcliffs; 20-05-20, 12:22 PM.

Comment

A rectangular hole!

Comment

You are smashing through it!

I'm still trying to find the last 37 secret spot welds holding on the small panel I'm trying to remove.
                      I'm not straight outta Compton, I'm straight out the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post

also this is what was hiding behind that rectangular piece of bog.

Click image for larger version Name:	image.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.64 MB ID:	7145236

That doesnt look too bad at all because the surrounding metal is clean and nice.

I fixed a similar hole last weekend that was far worse and I aint no Garvice.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post
                          You are smashing through it!
                          All the way through in a few places!
                          Norbie!

Comment

Ha ha true! It’s pretty crusty behind there. I’ve spent the last two days scrapping sound deadening off under the engine bay. And got some paint on this morning.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CB94A8CB-317E-4C5A-BF7A-9635013C46B8.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	2.00 MB
ID:	7145932

I guess it would’ve been better to take the suspension arms off but that’ll do. I guess it’s now time to sand the engine bay. I ‘think’ there’s enough room to do it without having to take the engine out. Progress will be slow from here as I’m back to work next week.

Thanks for looking.

Comment

Take the motor out, just so much easier to get in there.

Its like held in with a few bolts, a couple of wires and a few rust mites.

Comment

Whilst the guards are off - do the Shelby drop. If doing the std 1" drop and not looking at ultralow springs wont need to worry about balljoints.binding. just check clearance of upper arm rear bush to spring tower. May need a bit of localised hammer action
                                ...on your nice new paint ...

Comment

Working...
                                X