Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

62 mini Vtec

Picked up a 62 mini the other day, looking to do a lightweight minimalist street car.

Motor is a b18c7, Saenz rods, weisco 11.5:1 pistons, pr3 head, Skunk 2 cams/inlet etc, lightened fly, quaife lsd, 3.4 diff gears due to 10” wheels. Will run Haltech, and maybe a shot of gas. Motor is being built with upper cylinder support.

Looking to run light hubs/brakes/wheels to keep it handling well.

Will run a allspeed frame with their lower arms and bigger shafts/CV’s. Have some 10x6 mini lights with a positive offset which should help Kurb the chronic torque steer these can get with to wider wheels. (Was considering a AWD build, but don’t want to hack it too bad). Any suggestions for a small diameter alternator, please let me know.

Not sure if I’ll paint the outside of keep it patina.

Pics and more details to follow soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to do this but with a b16. And maybe with a Moke instead of a Mini but either would be fine.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

He’s back in the game!
      I own a two and a half litre Commodore

Comment

#following

Comment

Coolness! What sort of vetec stopping brakes can you fit under 10 inch wheels?

I’ve been half considering this for mine for years but was always put off by the thought of 13s.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post
            He’s back in the game!
            This will be epic

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post
              Coolness! What sort of vetec stopping brakes can you fit under 10 inch wheels?

I’ve been half considering this for mine for years but was always put off by the thought of 13s.
              7.5” slotted solid discs in the ‘premium’ grade material, alloy 4 spot calipers and Mintex 1144 pads. Should be perfect braking for a 10” wheel/tyres ability to grip, plus keep it super light for handling with low unsprung weight.

Could have obviously gone bigger to 8.4 or similar with 12/13” wheels, but handling starts to deteriorate as you can appreciate.

Subframe is sorted, just need to do a trial fit before powder coating. Picked up a 200kmh speedo with electronics input and display in traditional style, to help keep everything minimalistic and uncluttered inside.

Attached Files

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I'll be keeping a close eye on things to see if you can make it work.

I'm at the 'spend $10k on a 1275 for 120hp' or 'start again' phase.

Comment

Awesome, thanks. I'll be keeping a close eye on things to see if you can make it work.

I'm at the 'spend $10k on a 1275 for 120hp' or 'start again' phase.
                  Yep i hear you! I looked into all the options of BMW headed A series, Kad heads, Supercharged A series, and all the bike eng conversions. I decided this was for me.

Comment

Yep. And my 'maybe' 90hp webered 1275 has all the fuel economy of a big block V8, the driveability of a two stroke dirt bike, and the reliability of a Triumph Herald. It does sound fantastic though.

Comment

This will fit in the tray of your F truck build, right?

Comment

Yep. And my 'maybe' 90hp webered 1275 has all the fuel economy of a big block V8, the driveability of a two stroke dirt bike, and the reliability of a Triumph Herald. It does sound fantastic though.
                        to be fair efi may help a lot.. :p
                        Originally posted by Turbo 351 View Post

Yep i hear you! I looked into all the options of BMW headed A series, Kad heads, Supercharged A series, and all the bike eng conversions. I decided this was for me.
                        i looked at this also. was not sure how the gearbox would hold up- also felt it needed a five speed more than an extra 30hp for practical use!
                        ended up doing neither though lol.
                        Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                        Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Alloy rear trailing arms, alloy drums, alloy hubs coming. Trying to keep unsprung weight to a minimum.

Comment

not doing rear discs?
                            Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                            Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                              not doing rear discs?
                              Nah, I’ve heard the kad have adjustment issues, so sticking with drums.

Comment

Working...
                              X