62 mini Vtec

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fyi found the finished Kubota generator today as I was cleaning up. ruler to show you how small the bloody thing is.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpeg
Views:	579
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	7149070

Name:	a2.jpeg
Views:	566
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	7149071

Comment

Originally posted by T View Post
      fyi found the finished Kubota generator today as I was cleaning up. ruler to show you how small the bloody thing is.

Brilliant, is it for sale?

Comment

ah no. this one is for my 4efte awd mini project. Do have another another unmodified one somewhere though. I'll have a look for you for it if you want?

fyi just had a look on ebay and found the listing from the guy I originally bought it from & he has stock. They are brand new swapouts. (from council conversion from 12v to 24v)
        https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KUBOTA-T...gAAOSwm-pZq6sC

have the wiring diagram, parts diagram etc for it too

Comment

Just check your power consumption. If you have efi, thermo fans , 2000w stereo, heated seats (lol) etc . These kubota are only 14 amp at 12v or 168w.- at whatever max output revs are for it. .

So idle etc will be alot less.

In fact just putting your two 70w headlights on would be a struggle for it.
          Last edited by 9triton; 01-06-20, 09:29 AM.

Comment

T - did it come with the multi ribbed belt pulley? Or the single V belt as in the ebay listing and you changed it over?

Comment

Let me know if you have any dramas sourcing one as there should be a bunch still under my old bench at the nopics work.

Comment

led headlights and the exhaust for the stereo!

came with the single pulley (they all do) I sized the multi grove one for the engines rpm. Can't 100% remember which engine its off - its off either a rb30 or a sr20.

Name:	a3.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7149321

euronymous if you have any spare regulators lying around i wouldnt mind grabbing a spare..

Comment

Not looking to shit in any ones cornflakes but 14A isn't going to cut it. Fuel pump and thermo fan on and you're draining the battery.

The little 40A kubota alternators would do the trick if you are running the bare minimum and even then i reckon you'd see the headlights dim when the thermo fan kicks in.
                  meh

Comment

led headlights and the exhaust for the stereo!

came with the single pulley (they all do) I sized the multi grove one for the engines rpm. Can't 100% remember which engine its off - its off either a rb30 or a sr20.

Name:	a3.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	7149321

euronymous if you have any spare regulators lying around i wouldnt mind grabbing a spare..
                    Ahh thought you made your own. Very good.

Comment

Can confirm, these alternators are only good for very small load. I run one on my open wheeler it only runs the ECU,coil and fuel pump, no starter, no fans,no lights, just ECU,coil and fuel pump.

" Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Picked up this small 70amp denso, will need to change pulley, but is very compact!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now you're onto it.
                          " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Some pics of the upper cyl support to close the deck.

Comment

More pieces of the puzzle arrive.

Shell comes back from sandblasting tmw.

Comment

Hey Glen do you miss any of the cars you've built and then sold? The process is where it's at but don't you wish you kept any of them? I'm loving this little jigger should be awesome when it's done

Comment

Working...
                                X