Audi A3 2.0 turbo quattro

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the budget stretches a alpine ilx007 is very nice.

Comment

Even the ilx650e is a good thing ($500)
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by dhs View Post
        the one FM radio station in Glen Innes is country and western about being in love with your tractor and wife and having to make a decision)
        I can't help with your head unit problem but lol

Comment

Oh well given up on the radio for now and resigned myself to listening to the shitty FM modulator lol

Found this for a bargain - $200 shipped compared to $600ish for a Revo/RamAir UK kit
          Going to fit it for shits and giggles when it arrives. Hopefully fitment is good but it did mention it doesn't have mounting tabs to secure the filter to the vehicle so I will probably use the oxy welder to throw a tab on there (haven't got a tig here) and then make a bracket to secure it against something in the bay. Perhaps the plastic battery box (missing in that photo and hoping it doesn't foul).

Will probably build a little box for it out of aluminum from Bunnings and paint it satin black so I don't get a canary.
          While I will enjoy the sound of it - the reason for the purchase is I need to replace the air filter anyway and I don't like the stupid turtle factory engine cover - basically simplifying the engine bay a bit. Easier to keep an eye on leaks etc

After the windscreen tomorrow next big event will be the timing belt/wp/haldex service in a couple weeks then keep saving my pennies for a downpipe
          Edit/ps - jeeez doesn't that plastic intake manifold stick out like dogs balls
          Last edited by dhs; 26-05-20, 08:34 PM.
          2005 audi a3 turbo manual quattro

Comment

nip to bunnings and grab some. silver flexi ducting. feed the filter cold. air. the stock feed is wank.
            I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Good advice, will do but will take ages to arrive due to freight issues in northern NSW ATM. Taking 10+ days to get stuff out of Sydney via AP. Also bought a fascia/surround for double din head deck and will slowly keep accumulating stereo bits ready to throw a head deck in.

Will grab the mounting cage next week probs then adaptor harness after that.

Comment

Got back from w/s replacement in Inverell and this was waiting for me - thanks to a fellow PF'er
                I think this will be a very useful tool. Its actually in perfect condition - just a bit of fluff on it from my cat Basil lol
                Have downloaded the VCDS software onto my laptop all ready to tinker.

Busting to have a play but have family commitments for possibly a couple days (grrr)
                Between the vag-com cable, the torx bits and trim removal kit I'm fairly sure I can get the keyfobs recoded and central locking functioning on all doors (drivers isnt working atm, possibly needs to be freed up or reconnected). Just need a half day or so to concentrate without 80yo's currently staying at the house being stickybeaks.

Quite glad this popped up for a good deal - other systems eg Carly and I think another one mentioned in this thread appear to require purchasing credits.
                I definitely needed this just didn't want to stump up the $300 for new so a bit of a win.

Last edited by dhs; 27-05-20, 05:34 PM.

Comment

google what can be turned on. lots. of. luttlw. coding tweaks to turn on hidden stuff
                  I'M NOT A HOOKER BUT 20 BUCKS IS 20 BUCKS...

I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...

robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

And adjusting steering weight, door lock and unlock, some say launch control...

Comment

Plus enabling foglights as DRL, controlling elect windows from keyfob, few others

Comment

Went to get a slow leak plugged in rear right tyre today, nup - big crack from the shithouse roads around here.
                        Just had it TIG'd up by the young blokes at the engineering shop, 2x China 225/40R18's coming on a truck to town on Tuesday to get me out the shit.

Grrr....
                        Long term solution put smaller wheels with larger profile tyres on and keep these in the shed?
                        Pretty annoyed the council refuses to do anything about the roads around here - all 40km/h is the standard speed limit but it's just old asphalt been dumped on older asphalt, no new sections and lots of gaping potholes (that I avoid) but still hard on the car.

Comment

Oh well silver lining, since I already have one wheel with tyre off I might have at repairing my wheels aesthetically with a sand and paint in closest to factory caller I can find.

You can't see from the photos but they're all pretty badly kerb rashed and one has a big scrape on the spokes.
                          It's been bugging me for a while and if I fuck it up at least the rims are up for replacement in the next couple months, but I'll give it my best shot in case they're worth money second hand.
                          I'll also have a chance to play with the Vag-Com cable Lord_Fahquhar was kind enough to post me.

Not like I'm going anywhere in a hurry til Tuesday
                          Last edited by dhs; 29-05-20, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dhs View Post
                            Went to get a slow leak plugged in rear right tyre today, nup - big crack from the shithouse roads around here.
                            Just had it TIG'd up by the young blokes at the engineering shop, 2x China 225/40R18's coming on a truck to town on Tuesday to get me out the shit.

Grrr....
                            Long term solution put smaller wheels with larger profile tyres on and keep these in the shed?
                            Pretty annoyed the council refuses to do anything about the roads around here - all 40km/h is the standard speed limit but it's just old asphalt been dumped on older asphalt, no new sections and lots of gaping potholes (that I avoid) but still hard on the car.
                            Fuck that is shit house. No coilovers for you then.

Comment

Get a sump guard, the alloy sumps are fragile as shit.

Comment

Last edited by dhs; 30-05-20, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X