Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lysdexia View Post
    the coupes are the right kind of ugly, i like em
    Exactly, they epitomise everything that was wrong (yet somehow) right about Japanese cars of the era.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

SA63 front crossmember.

BEAMS 3SGE and J160.

???

Profit.
      Proudly presenting the new foot long chocolate Subway.
      Originally posted by ALLMTR
      Rats tail haircut used to mean make sure the OC spray is shaken

Comment

7m-ge with bort trumpets.

Comment

There's an absolutely mint RA60 coupe a couple of doors down. Love that shape. Like the TTE cars group B cars, didnt have much success but looked cool.
          Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Originally posted by Guido View Post
            There's an absolutely mint RA60 coupe a couple of doors down. Love that shape. Like the TTE cars group B cars, didnt have much success but looked cool.
            I really these, especially, the Group B cars. Multiple Safari and Ivory Coast rally wins is no small feat.

​​​​

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post

Tbh I prefer the celica wheels on the celica, putting the supra ones on makes me think it should have the supra flares....
              I don't know why, but I agree.

Also, that thing is mint, I love it as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by rowdytoot View Post

I really these, especially, the Group B cars. Multiple Safari and Ivory Coast rally wins is no small feat.

​​​​
                Yeah, you're right, they really built them for the safaris as everything else was 4wd with more power and less weight by then. They're a fucking cool thing.
                Rust is lighter than carbon fibre.

My Italian 510

Comment

Man I'd love to make a Group B replica out of a coupe, or at minimum just paint it like one. See if I can find a running 3T-GTE somewhere and jam that in. Would be super cool!

I measured the sway bars and found the Celica ones are the same as the Supra ones I had so that's not much help. Looking online I found out that the full set of suspension bushes are available from Superpro, Kings Springs have standard and "low" springs available (I'm sure they used to have Super Lows but they're not listed any more), and there are several brands of shocks available including some adjustable Konis for the rear which I'm having serious thoughts about despite costing a fair bit more than I imagined spending on this thing. Anyway the car feels like it's going to fall over every time I take a corner so something needs to be done about the suspension, but I'll wait until it's up on a hoist before I make any firm plans.

Today I swapped in the Supra seats I had sitting in the corner of the shed, it was a direct swap of course so didn't take long:

They're not exactly in top condition but they're no worse than the Celica seats and they're way more comfy. The plan is to get these retrimmed before they go back in the Supra, but for now I'll make use of them in this thing.

I also stole the steering wheel off the Supra, I greatly prefer this over the original bus wheel:

This might go back in the Supra later or I might just buy a new one for the Supra instead, we'll see.

The next project is getting the Haltech hooked up to the 22R-E. I think I can do it in a non-destructive fashion without removing the original ECU and loom, just as a test to see if it's going to work. If it does I'll swap it over properly, and then I can get rid of a huge pile of vacuum hoses and valves and solenoids and other ridiculous shit going on in the engine bay, there are some pretty big wins to be had with (slightly) more modern engine management! And then of course there will be nothing stopping me from strapping on a ghetto turbo setup using the lowest quality materials available. It's going to be excellent!
                  Norbie!

Comment

You may need to purchase a parts car for this car...
                    Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                      This. It looks too nice to cannibalise!

Such a cool 80s shape now. Please proceed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobster View Post

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                        This. It looks too nice to cannibalise!
                        Cannibalise is the wrong word, it's just getting a few ten out of ten parts replaced by seven out of ten parts. It'll still be pretty mint.

I spent yesterday going through a friend's stash of hoarded parts, and combining that with my own stash we've come up with a solid plan for the zero dollar turbo conversion. It looks like an ebay knockoff T04E will be the weapon of choice, and it will be mounted on a heavily butchered stainless RB30 manifold with an ebay knockoff HKS wastegate. Tomorrow I'm picking up some 10mm plate steel so I can start fabricating the mounting flange based on a stock exhaust gasket. That gets me slightly above zero dollars but I reckon we'll keep the budget in the low triple figures pretty easily.

But first things first, the rust on the firewall from the leaking clutch master is more extensive than I thought, the damage goes 2/3rds of the way along the drivers side chassis rail. If I want to save this car it needs to be dealt with properly, and that means engine out. I'll probably get started on that next weekend. It isn't going to escalate into a full body resto like with the MA61 (fingers crossed) but I can't just leave it how it is, so it's out with the wire wheel and some rattle cans for a near-zero dollar rust repair. We shall see anyhow!
                        Norbie!

Comment

22RE+T is almost a nobrainer, although the factory turbo manifolds seem to be almost nonexistent these days.

Comment

Ahh Norbie... you're sick :D It takes me back to the days when I had 3 or 4 Toyotas in the yard

| 1963 RK43 Toyota Lite-Stout (Stanley) | 2002 EC5W Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4 Type-S (Larry) |

Originally posted by Old Major
                            Perhaps she feels inadequate when you cum in other guys?

Comment

I love the little oil change interval thingamybob on the right hand side of the instrument cluster

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
                                22RE+T is almost a nobrainer, although the factory turbo manifolds seem to be almost nonexistent these days.
                                Yeah I've been looking online for a factory or aftermarket turbo manifold, they used to be around 5-10 years ago but they seem to have disappeared since then.

Originally posted by Nitephyre View Post
                                Ahh Norbie... you're sick :D It takes me back to the days when I had 3 or 4 Toyotas in the yard
                                That all? I'm up to 5 but would happily make it 6 if I could find a nice coupe.

Originally posted by Mr Ree View Post
                                I love the little oil change interval thingamybob on the right hand side of the instrument cluster
                                I've been meaning to find out how that thing works, it would be quite useful if it still works!
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X