No announcement yet.

RA65 Celica - the wedge of cheese

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, that is annoying! If you send an email they'll probably be able to do something, they do plenty of "custom" type stuff.

Comment

Why not just get a local brake shop to make up the braided lines? That was all we did for my RA65 rally car. I think it cost about $200 for front and rear. Interesting that yours is drum rear. Mine was an 85 and had a disc rear so it must of been optional, changed over or only on the last of the series.

Comment

Well I live in the middle of nowhere so there are no "local" brake shops, but this could be an option if all else fails I suppose.

Mine is an 85 as well, I don't think I've ever seen an A6 Celica with rear discs but it's possible it was an option that was rarely ticked? I know certain US models had it as standard.
        Norbie!

Comment

any decent brake shop here can make you braided lines to your spec, with the required whip collars etc. The HEL's dont have great whip collars and have been known to work harden and shear at the end of the crimps

Comment

Talk to either Tom @ gatton spare parts or Jack @ baileys brake and clutch in ippy to get you some braided hoses done - either of them should be able to sort you out......I think

Comment

Originally posted by japlish View Post
              Talk to either Tom @ gatton spare parts or Jack @ baileys brake and clutch in ippy to get you some braided hoses done - either of them should be able to sort you out......I think
              Thanks! I tried Gatton Spare Parts and they pointed me towards Gatton Brake and Clutch, they can do it for me so I think I'll go that way. Looks like it will cost a fair bit more (he reckoned up to $100 per hose) but there's a lot of upsides to dealing with someone local.
              Norbie!

Comment

Why not just get some replacement rubber hoses? Your money of course but this isn't a max effort build like the Supra? My (tight arse) 2c.

Comment

Where am I getting replacement rubber hoses from? No-one stocks anything for this car, I struggled to find even brake rotors and pads, I was forced to buy Bendix for crying out loud!

Ordinarily I'd agree braided lines are a waste but if it's custom made anyway it probably won't have much impact on the price, and since the Supra needs new hoses as well it keeps it simple to have two identical sets made at the same time.
                  Norbie!

Comment

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-Brand...sAAOSwA~pdFfPv

It even says they're top quality so you know....they must be.

Comment

Hmm yeah maybe! The RA65 has two front hoses per side though, is this listing for both or just one, and if so which one? Ditto for the rear brake hose which is split in two and is likely different between solid axle/IRS and also disc/drum variants. It quickly becomes difficult to know if you're getting exactly the right thing without being able to see it first.
                      Norbie!

Comment

This is where I should prob mention i work in the wholesale brake industry lol....

front hose numbers you need
                        H1583 x 2
                        h1566 x 2

Front pads are available in TRW - awesome pedal feel but dusty p/n GDB216

Comment

Originally posted by japlish View Post
                          front hose numbers you need
                          H1583 x 2
                          h1566 x 2
                          Very awesome, thanks!

Do you have numbers for the rear brake hoses? Must be for IRS + drums.
                          Norbie!

Comment

New delivery arrived today, front strut inserts:

Only took 9 days to arrive from the US and half the cost of any local retailers I could find. Not bad!
                            Norbie!

Comment

That is awesome! I am looking at KYB AGX for the Lolvo, shipping price not too bad? Seems they are WAY cheaper overseas than locally.

Comment

https://www.redbubble.com/i/sticker/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
                                Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X